Windows 10: Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.

Discus and support Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The headphone volume is painfully loud compared to the speaker volume. I am lowering/raising the volume every time I need to switch between headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/justaway3, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.

The headphone volume is painfully loud compared to the speaker volume. I am lowering/raising the volume every time I need to switch between headphone and the speaker (several times a day). Is there a way to set Win10 to have different volume settings for my headphone and speakers?

submitted by /u/justaway3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/justaway3, Jul 13, 2020

2. Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

How to separate the volume of speaker and headphone phone volume. I am using Realtek High Definition Audio. My headphone is not in the sound list.

Microsoft account user, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

The sound volume in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels. For example if I have a
    speaker volume at 20%, then I plug in the headphones, it could be something like 70%. When I disconnect the headphones, the speaker volume gets back to 20%

Karl HarrisonL, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.

Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume.

1. Headphone volume too high compared to laptop speaker volume. - Similar Threads - Headphone volume too

2. laptop's volume is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop's volume is too low: laptop's volume is too low from day 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptops-volume-is-too-low/6a9d1232-1712-4e39-bc11-18b6dd0b92e8
  3. laptop's volume is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop's volume is too low: laptop's volume is too low from day 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptops-volume-is-too-low/6a9d1232-1712-4e39-bc11-18b6dd0b92e8
  4. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Red X on volume: Hello Everyone, about 80% of domain joined computers have gotten the Red x. After troubleshooting we found a quick fix rather then imaging the whole computer. The fix was going to Registry Editor as admin and following this path...
  5. Volume Increments on headphones too extreme

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Increments on headphones too extreme: Hi, I have a new pair of bluetooth headphones for my PC running windows 10, but the volume increments are too much. The headphone's volume only goes up/down by increments of 6. Even if I use windows to adjust the volume manually it still does this. For example: If I...
  6. Speaker Volume

Speaker Volume: Why can't I adjust my computer's sound volume from the speaker icon on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-volume/ffd7a653-be93-4c2f-a7b0-83e2f3417e4c
  7. speaker volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    speaker volume: After a Windows 10 update on 8/24/20, the volume control no longer works. Sound is stuck at 38%. The volume bar no longer appears when I click on the speaker icon. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Speaker Volume

Speaker Volume: I have a xidu 2 in 1 computer not perfect but a lot for the price . The sound coming out of the speakers is not loud enough to carry on a conversation on Zoom and the microphone is so soft others can hardly hear me. I have searched just about everywhere online and in my...
  9. Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volumes in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels: The sound volume in my laptop speaker and headphones are at different levels. For example if I have a speaker volume at 20%, then I plug in the headphones, it could be something like 70%. When I disconnect the headphones, the speaker volume gets back to 20%...
  10. speaker volume is too low at 100%

speaker volume is too low at 100%: Lately, I can barely hear sound from my internal speakers, even when they are maxed. The sound is fine when in Speaker Properties. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speaker-volume-is-too-low-at-100/b9977980-4e2c-460e-931e-77316d7a4ac8