Windows 10: Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Discus and support Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SupaCrow, Aug 21, 2015.

1. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

:)

SupaCrow, Aug 21, 2015

2. Associate a pair of headphones with a microphone

I have a pair of headphones with a microphone built in.

Now, my computer has 2 3.5 mm jacks, so I plugged mine into the first one (labeled without microphone). When I did that, the microphone was not recognized. So, I moved my jack to the second port. When I did that, my computer said that the headphones were
    unplugged. But the microphone worked. When I moved the jack again, the computer said that my microphone was unplugged and my headphones worked. How do I make it so that I can use both my headphones and the built in microphone at the same time?

Ptolemy2002, Aug 21, 2015
  3. contana. what can I use for mic. I have lifecam1.4 in comp .no mic in pc 5yrs old

Hello Terrence! Many things can be used as a microphone on a Windows PC. Any USB microphone, headphones with a built in microphone (as long as you put it in the correct spot. Look for the society with a pink plastic ring around it and a microphone icon
    under it.

I hope I could be of assistance!

SonGoku'sSon, Aug 21, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

That is definitely odd.
    Can you right-click on the audio icon in the bottom right-hand side of the taskbar, select Playback Devices, and then disable the speakers, and see if the sound then comes through the headset?

Another thing: Have you plugged in the headset, and then rebooted the computer? Be sure to turn off Fast Startup when trying this.

simrick, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone - Similar Threads - Headphone built microphone

2. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  3. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  4. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Built in microphone will not function unless headphones are using "hands-free"

Built in microphone will not function unless headphones are using "hands-free": I just bought a Bose headset and it has a build in mic which works fine on my phone however, and I've had this problem before, the microphone is tagged with the "hands-free AG audio". The playback has both the hands free and stereo options, and unless the actual playback...
  6. Use headphone microphone under Windows?

Use headphone microphone under Windows?: Morning to all So I want to talk in meetings (GoToMeeting) over my headphone microphone. But it is not shown there, only my laptop microphone is shown, how do I change that? I can't find anything under the Windows settings TIA Kopfhörermikrofon unter Windows verwenden?
  7. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer: So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of...
  8. USB microphone/headphones use.

USB microphone/headphones use.: Hi, I connected a USB microphone today, which is working fine. I can also hear the recording through my headphones. The issue is that I would like to hear my voice through the headphones, when I'm recording, and I can't seem to find how to do this. I hope you can help thanks....
  9. Headphones microphone is not being used.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones microphone is not being used.: I had selected for my computer to "not ask again" by accident to not use the microphone and I want for my computer to have the option of using the headphones microphone. I don't see it pop up when I plug it in anymore and I have looked up various ways to undo this but only to...
  10. When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working

When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working: When I plugged in my headphones in my laptop, having the newly installed Windows 10, a question came up to select what type of device is this. By mistake, instead to clicking headphones, I clicked headset. From that point the microphone of my laptop did not work anymore, when...