Windows 10: Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone

Discus and support Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a brand new MSI codex R gaming desktop, and I have been stuck with this issue for 2 weeks now. I have a gaming headphone that has a mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LowSpecToaster, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone

So I have a brand new MSI codex R gaming desktop, and I have been stuck with this issue for 2 weeks now. I have a gaming headphone that has a mic attached with it. The problem here is that I have 2 jack ports in my pc, one that has a silhouette representing a microphone, and another with the headphone silhouette. Now I plugged in my headphone jack into the headphone port, and a pop up appears in the bottom right saying whether I plugged in a "Line in, Mic in, Headphone, or Speakers". Obviously I plugged in my headphone that has the attached mic into that jack. what happens is that I can only pick either "Mic in" or "Headphone".

I tried various posts yet they don't seem to have this exact type of issue and most of the answers there are outdated and have already tried. I don't want to go and buy a separate microphone just for a silly little problem. So it would be great if you can give me a concrete solution or anything I haven't tried.

:)

LowSpecToaster, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Salvyar Win User

Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)
    Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone [​IMG]

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Wayfarer1 Win User
    PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

Hi all; recently my computer had a Windows 10 update, and now my PC won't recognize my headphone mic. Previously, I had no issues with it on this PC; I would plug it in the headphones jack and be able to set it up.

Now, however, I can either plug it in the headphones jack and the microphone won't be recognized, or plug it in the mic jack and the mic will be recognized but I can't hear anything.

I've looked online and have performed a lot of troubleshooting tips. I've installed the latest audio drives and still no luck. If anyone has any insight, I'd be very grateful.

Wayfarer1, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Aman Win User

Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Aman, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone

1. Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone - Similar Threads - Headphone mic attached

2. Headphone mic not being recognized Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic not being recognized Windows 11: I bought a new desktop and as I am trying to get into a voice call with a friend I found out my desktop does pic up my mic in my headphones we've tried everything but still my mic does not get picked up by my desktop. I've tired different headphones in my only jack but still...
  3. Headphone mic not being recognized Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone mic not being recognized Windows 11: I bought a new desktop and as I am trying to get into a voice call with a friend I found out my desktop does pic up my mic in my headphones we've tried everything but still my mic does not get picked up by my desktop. I've tired different headphones in my only jack but still...
  4. External mic being recognized as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mic being recognized as headphones: Hi, my external mic is constantly being recognized as headphones. I have tried updating my audio drivers, even reinstalling them but nothing seems to work. I currently use RealtekR Audio and I have this problem. I tried downloading Realtek HD Audio but when I did my...
  5. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-being-recognized-as-speakers-and/1a83bfc0-dc89-4be6-88f4-6efa058e345d
  6. Headphones Recognized as Microphone

Headphones Recognized as Microphone: Today when I plugged in my ear buds, a menu popped up: "which device did you plug in? Microphone, Headphones, etc." I accidently clicked Microphone, didn't realize it, and checked "don't show this again" and Done. Now, the device only shows up as a microphone no audio output....
  7. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Hello there. I have a pair of "Blackweb Premium Series Studio Over-Ear Headphones with in-line mic". It has one 3.5mm audio jack and for some reason it gets recognized as "Speakers RealtekR Audio" and the microphone does not seem work no matter which port i plug the...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones either not pairing or not being detected as headphones.

Bluetooth Headphones either not pairing or not being detected as headphones.: I have a pair of Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H4 headphones, running a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I Bluetooth card. Th headphones will not pair. It either says "Beoplay H4" and just won't pair. No error codes, just says, "Failed to connect. Try connecting again. " and another that says...
  9. Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones

Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones: I have a computer with windows on it, and for some reason, one night my computer would no longer recognize my mic on my headphones when I plugged it in. I have tried rolling back drivers but that has not worked. I know the mic works because I have been able to use it on my...
  10. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...