Windows 10: Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio

Discus and support Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So recently i have noticed that my mic is picking up all audio from the pc. From game audio to voice calls on discord per se. I have been told that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Muddykip_78, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio

So recently i have noticed that my mic is picking up all audio from the pc. From game audio to voice calls on discord per se. I have been told that the issue was that my mic was set to stereo mix but i changed that and nothing changed. Any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/Muddykip_78
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Muddykip_78, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Mic issue with earphones/headphones

Hello,

I have an issue with the audio recording/input device.. My laptop doesn't recognize the mic present in the earphones.. Everything was alright about a month ago.. Whenever i used to connect my earphones, the mic used to get switched to it.. Now there's no
    option for the external mic in sound settings.. I see a Speaker/Headphones combined option for playback but when it comes to recording devices, the only option i have is the default internal mic.. The mic in the earphones doesn't show up.. The earphones absolutely
    work very well with my phone.. I have also tried using other earphones.. The mic isn't detected.. All my earphones are being treated as if they don't have a mic in them.. Tried reinstalling drivers, tried searching for solutions on the internet.. Didn't find
    anything.. They used to work about a month ago but i don't know what happened suddenly.. As per my guess, this problem started after the recent windows October update..

My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 7567..

Thank you.

SripadKulkarni, Jul 12, 2020
  4. jamos316 Win User

Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio

audio/mic jack

i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack.
    i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used.
    how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?

jamos316, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio

1. Headphones and earphones' mic picking up pc audio - Similar Threads - Headphones earphones' mic

2. Headphone mic picks up audio from everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic picks up audio from everything: I got a set of NUBWO G06 headphones in late 2021 and already started to have problems with them after the USB died I connected them to the PC via a TRRS audio cable connected to a female to two male splitter. If I have a youtube video playing anyone I am talking to can hear...
  3. Headphone mic picks up audio from everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone mic picks up audio from everything: I got a set of NUBWO G06 headphones in late 2021 and already started to have problems with them after the USB died I connected them to the PC via a TRRS audio cable connected to a female to two male splitter. If I have a youtube video playing anyone I am talking to can hear...
  4. Headphone mic picks up audio from everything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  6. headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headset mic not picking up voice, picks up desktop audio: i've tried everything i could find, to no avail. i understand it could possibly be a hardware issue but i'd like to try this first to see if it's something else. my headset mic stopped working and only produces a slight static sound, but the headphones themselves still work...
  7. mic is only picking up pc audio

mic is only picking up pc audio: my headset mic is not working at all and i can only hear pc audio coming from the mic for example i put listen to device mic and i played a video and i heard the video coming out of my mic can someone help pls sorry if i didnt explain it well...
  8. Headphones not picking up game audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not picking up game audio?: Last night my pc decided to shit itself and not let me talk to my friends on discord, and I got that issue sorted out, but now my headphones aren’t picking any game audio whatsoever. Any fixes for this? My headphones work fine on my PS4 so I know it’s not on my end submitted...
  9. Headphone Mic picking up device sounds

Headphone Mic picking up device sounds: I recently started playing some online games like PUBG Lite, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege etc., where people complained that they are getting echo from me. So, just to make sure that it was me I started recording on the Vice Recorder app and simultaneously turned on a...
  10. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone: Hello! My issue at the moment is on my old PC, I had a B&O Play control center with my realtek HDA card, which had an option for acoustic echo cancellation. Normally this should be found in the enhancement tab, correct? The problem is, on my new PC I have Realtek HDA(SST) and...