Windows 10: Headphones and Speakers not registering as individual devices

Discus and support Headphones and Speakers not registering as individual devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new set of headphones that have a splitter to connect both the mic and the audio. I also have a set of speakers that connect through a single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JessicaVolk, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Headphones and Speakers not registering as individual devices

I have a new set of headphones that have a splitter to connect both the mic and the audio. I also have a set of speakers that connect through a single audio port. It doesn't matter which of the two sets of audio ports I plug either into, Windows keeps playing both "playback devices" through the same one device. I've gone through all the device drivers, everything is updated. I've gone through all the sound settings and it only registers the headphones as a playback device. The Realtek Audio Manager shows accurately that 3 ports and plugged in, it allows me to select which is headphones, mic and speakers, but it still won't let me separate the two audio devices! I'm at a complete loss of what to do, other than manually plugging and unplugging the individual device I want to use at the time, which is what I have resorted to having to do for the last month of owning this version of Windows. PLEASE help me, this is so annoying and I am starting to wish I had just stayed with my Windows 7.

:)

JessicaVolk, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Jul 10, 2020
  4. txstoby Win User

Headphones and Speakers not registering as individual devices

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Headphones and Speakers not registering as individual devices

1. Headphones and Speakers not registering as individual devices - Similar Threads - Headphones Speakers registering

2. No Speaker/Headphone Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Speaker/Headphone Device: I have had the issue that suddenly I lacked an audio output for my headphones. I shut off every other driver in my device manager and I am left with just a microphone option as an input but no outputs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the high definition audio driver and am...
  3. No Speaker/Headphone Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Speaker/Headphone Device: I have had the issue that suddenly I lacked an audio output for my headphones. I shut off every other driver in my device manager and I am left with just a microphone option as an input but no outputs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the high definition audio driver and am...
  4. No Speaker/Headphone Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

8. Headphones not registering

Headphones not registering: Hi, I plugged in my skullcandy headphones and when I open up the playback settings, it shows it listed, but it says its not connected, even though it is. There is nothing wrong with my headphones, the mic and everything works fine on my phone. I went into the manage...
  9. Speakers and Headphones are one device

Speakers and Headphones are one device: The headphones I plug in are WAY too loud, and I can't edit it just for the headphones because they're the same device. Is there any way to separate them into different devices so I can edit how loud it is? [ATTACH]...
  10. Speakers and headphones showing as one device

Speakers and headphones showing as one device: I wanted to use different audio devices for applications by going to "app volume and device preferences" but my computer is only showing one device Speakers Realtek high definition audio even though i have headsets plugged and they are working properly. I tried uninstalling...