Windows 10: Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower...

Discus and support Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I paid allot of many for these headphones and I don't understand why it does not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Konrad 356, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower...

I paid allot of many for these headphones and I don't understand why it does not work

:)

Konrad 356, Mar 25, 2021
  2. MisterEd Win User

Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you are using Bluetooth you will find there is a gotcha when using a headset with a microphone. With Bluetooth 4.x there is not enough bandwidth for both the headset's stereo speakers and the microphone at the same time. If the headset's speakers are used in mono mode then the microphone will work. Here is the information from my computer:
    I I left-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray I see my options for the speakers:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) = Laptops built-in speakers
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo) = Headphones stereo mode
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio) = Headphones mono mode
    I found out that if I select "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)" the headset microphone will work.

Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower... [​IMG]

However, I found that next time the computer might choose "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo)". Then the headset speakers will work but the the headset microphone will not work.

To ensure that the right selection is always done automatically I have to go further and set the default to "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)".
    Note I can always override this at any time. To do this...
    I right-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray and left-click on Sounds

Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower... [​IMG]

The first tab Playback is for the speakers

• Headset = Headphones mono mode
    • Headphones = Headphones stereo mode
    • Speakers = Laptops built-in speakers

The second tab Recording is for the microphone

• Headset = Headset's microphone
    • Microphone Array = Laptop's built-in microphone
    • Stereo Mix = N/A

To ensure that both the headset speakers and microphone work at the same time I set the default playback to Headset. This will put the headset in mono mode and allow the microphone to work. Note that if I disconnect the headset the computer will automatically revert back to using the built-in speakers and microphone.

MisterEd, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Aman Win User
    Bluetooth headphone mic and stereo audio not working simultaneously on laptop

I have a Sennheiser HD4.40BT bluetooth headphone.

When I connect this to my android phone, I can listen stereo quality music and while call, I can hear other person clearly and use the mic also.

Problem appear when I connected headphone with my laptop through laptop's inbuilt bluetooth.

The problem is headphone is connecting in one of 2 ways: Headphone mode and Headset mode(with mic).

- When I select headphone mode, sound is great but I cannot use my mic.

- When I select headset mode(or handsfree mode), I continuously hear static and very poor audio quality but can use mic with this mode.

I already read to disable headset mode to get stereo quality but "this is not my purpose".

What I want is to use headphone with stereo audio and mic simultaneously.

4. ZanePD Win User

Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower...

I am having a problem with a bluetooth headset that I've just bought.

So I've got the bluetooth headset problem.

I am well aware of how to pair bluetooth devices to a computer.

i am using a steelseries arctis 3 bluetooth headset.

the problem is that the headset appears as two different devices in playback:

• Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo), two channels. this is how its supposed to be
    • Headset (Arctis 3 Bluetooth hands free AG audio) single channel. This hot mess of garbage is what i have to use if i want to use the microphone.

I cant ever use the headphones one because i am always using my mic, the headset one is a low quality, single channel, heaping pile of ****

This problem is thoroughly documented here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/354321/why-bluetooth-headsets-are-terrible-on-windows-pcs/

There has to be a solution to this because why would anyone use bluetooth headsets for gtaming otherwise.

ZanePD, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower...

1. Headphones arctis 9X problem with Bluetooth cannot use stereo and mic I need to chose lower... - Similar Threads - Headphones arctis problem

2. Bluetooth headphones not allowing mic use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not allowing mic use: Tried connecting my Skullcandy Sesh ANC earbuds to use as a headset during desktop calls but the system won't let me activate/enable the mic on these?...
  3. Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo: When I right click the "Headphones" option and click "Connect", nothing happens:https://i.imgur.com/8Z61Zo9.pngWhat should I do to enable this option?What I already tried: 1. Disabling "Handsfree telephony"Result: the "Headset" option disappears, but I still cannot connect it...
  4. Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo: When I right click the "Headphones" option and click "Connect", nothing happens:https://i.imgur.com/8Z61Zo9.pngWhat should I do to enable this option?What I already tried: 1. Disabling "Handsfree telephony"Result: the "Headset" option disappears, but I still cannot connect it...
  5. Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo

6. Steelseries Arctis 9x headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steelseries Arctis 9x headset: I have started using the Arctis 9x on my computer and I have noticed that every time that I play Fortnite and load into a game the audio sounds quiet. It doesn’t help to turn the volume up on the headset or on the pc. So I was wondering how to fix this?...
  7. Steelseries Arctis 9x headset

Steelseries Arctis 9x headset: I have started using the Arctis 9x on my computer and I have noticed that every time that I play Fortnite and load into a game the audio sounds quiet. It doesn’t help to turn the volume up on the headset or on the pc. So I was wondering how to fix this?...
  8. Problems using mic with my Bluetooth headphones

Problems using mic with my Bluetooth headphones: I am using Sony WCH-CH510 Bluetooth wireless headphones with my Windows 10 Dell Latitude 7420 laptop. I am seeing a very weird behavior in the PC whenever I try using the microphone of the headphone. The applications do not release the microphone resource after using it. For...
  9. Steelseries Arctis 9x weird problems

Steelseries Arctis 9x weird problems: Howdy everyone and Happy holidays, Today for Christmas I got a SteelSeries ARctis 9x Wireless gaming headset for Xbox, but it can also be used on pc which was what I was planning to use it on. It's a super nice headset but I've noticed some weird problems with it. To start it...
  10. bluetooth headphones not in stereo

bluetooth headphones not in stereo: I have Bose Bluetooth soundsport ear buds that when connected to Windows 10 Bluetooth will only play sound in the right ear due to them defaulting to the right ear telephony option. I have updated windows 10, all drivers, added and added the earbuds, rebooted a million times...