Windows 10: Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel

Discus and support Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Pretty much when I plug my headphones in from the back, into the green jack, it gets recognized as speakers, whereas when I plug it into my front 3.5mm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ConveyedBog8884, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel

Pretty much when I plug my headphones in from the back, into the green jack, it gets recognized as speakers, whereas when I plug it into my front 3.5mm jack labeled as headphones and microphones, it doesn't detect it at all, so it doesn't even say the speakers are in use.. I'm using onboard audio, and I have no audio drivers installed whatso ever. This started when I reset my computer a month ago, I don't know what happened, can anyone help?I'm just worried that this might damage my motherboard because I had a similar thing happen with my old computer, and it ended up damaging the headphone j

:)

ConveyedBog8884, Jun 12, 2021

2. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Jun 12, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel [​IMG]

fireberd, Jun 12, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Plug in the headphones. Click on the start icon and start type "sound". Open the sound control panel that appears at the top of the list. Do you have an entry in the list of sound devices that looks like it would be for the headphones?

NavyLCDR, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel

1. Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel - Similar Threads - Headphones are listed

2. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey: Hi, I recently purposely upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 from Windows 7. With the Windows 7 and Windows 10 version 1809, I can choose my own default sound icon e.g. I can choose Speakers as default instead of Realtek Digital Output from the sound control panel. With this,...
  3. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey: Hi, I recently purposely upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 from Windows 7. With the Windows 7 and Windows 10 version 1809, I can choose my own default sound icon e.g. I can choose Speakers as default instead of Realtek Digital Output from the sound control panel. With this,...
  4. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Headphones not showing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not showing in sound control panel: Hi, I have an issue with cable headphones on my windows 10 laptop. So, when i plug in my headphones, even though the audio is playing on them, in sound control panel it shows that audio is playing on speakers and it doesn't even show the headphones so i cant change the audio...
  6. My microphone is considered as a speaker in the sound control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone is considered as a speaker in the sound control panel: Hello everyone !I have a little problem yesterday mi microphone rode was working perfectly, it was plugged on the only headphone available on my laptop and my headphones on an usb sound card, but today after plugging my microphone it was not working anymore, I tried to find...
  7. its showing "speakers/headphones" in playback on sound control panel which is odd example...

its showing "speakers/headphones" in playback on sound control panel which is odd example...: The issue is its showing "speakers/headphones" in playback on sound control panel which is odd example link here https://imgur.com/dYm96ZW so when external headphone is connected its not shown as additional device in playback it seems like running on the same channel as you...
  8. Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.: Windows 10 64 bit [img] [img] [img] Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too. I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got. [img] 150404
  9. Headphones are listed as speakers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones are listed as speakers?: so im very confused as to why my Headphones are listed as Speakers and when i try to go to the balancing/levels it only shows one slider? i could be wrong but i beleive this is why sound is only coming from one ear...please help thanks...
  10. Control Panel List

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel List: Why doesn't control panel display the long list of items alphabetically? Its tiresome always searching thru it to find an item. Did I not see somewhere a picture showing it in alphabetical order, and if so, how do you do it? 74553