Windows 10: Headphones are not detected

Discus and support Headphones are not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headphones aren't working anymore, I mean they are fine it's just that the pc doesn't detect them and idk what to do, they worked perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SCAndrey, Jan 25, 2020.

1. SCAndrey Win User

Headphones are not detected

My headphones aren't working anymore, I mean they are fine it's just that the pc doesn't detect them and idk what to do, they worked perfectly yesterday. I tried troubleshooting and it said that they're not connected but they are. Please help me!

Thanks!

:)

SCAndrey, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Headphones are not detected

Headphones not detected

Completed those steps and restarted. Still not detecting headphones.

I’ve already updated drivers and its using the realtech drivwr which is the most recent one.

JonathanHeffron, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Headphones are not detected

1. Headphones are not detected - Similar Threads - Headphones are detected

2. Headphones not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not detected: I didn't have Realtek Audio on my computer for a while, and my speakers worked fine. But I tried using headphones with a mic to game with some friends and they don't work, even after downloading the Realtek drivers, my headphones still aren't being detected and all there is...
  3. Headphone not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone not detected: Hello. I'm currently using Windows 11 and experiencing one problem. I use an Akg headset made by Samsung called EO-IC100BBEGWW which works fine on my S21 FE but when I plug it into my laptop the headphones are not detected as a sound device in system>sound/all sound devices....
  4. Headphones not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not detected: I am using a dell g3 15 laptop. Recently I started seeing a weird issue. When I plug in my headphones to the laptop, the audio doesn't automatically switch to headphones. In the audio settings, the headphone doesn't even show up for selection, which means it is not getting...
  5. Headphones not detecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not detecting: I'm using Dell Vostro 15 3567 . I have updated Audio Driver. After that , my headphones are not detecting. I tried to install older version but it is not working.What should I do now ?...
  6. Headphones not detected.

Headphones not detected.: I just did a factory reset to clear out my computer. Everything I want is set up, but for some reason no my headphones do not show up as a selectable device. As a result I do not have sound. The headphones do work with everything else, and I made sure to update drivers and...
  7. Not detecting headphones!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not detecting headphones!!: Laptop's new. I've tried installing and reinstalling drivers (right now i've got one dated 4/22/2020). I've also deleted the realtke driver and reinstalling but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you! submitted by /u/EmmantheAdrian...
  8. Headphones detection

Headphones detection: I'v been having a problem with my audio for the last couple months. Usually it was just my headset disconnecting every so often and I would have to re plug it back in to fix. Then as time went on my computed had a hard time detecting if my headset was plugged in. Now it...
  9. Headphones not detected

Headphones not detected: I just recently got a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series (Service Tag: JGYKJT2) and i noticed that whenever I plug in earbuds, headphones, etc., no audio switches over, and audio keeps on playing out the internal speakers. I checked the audio device list and it never showed that...
  10. Will not detect headphones

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will not detect headphones: My acer laptop’s headphone jack has stopped detecting headphones or earbuds inserted into it. It worked not too long ago and now it doesn’t detect any audio device that is inserted. The sounds just comes out of the soeakers even when other audio devices are plugged in. I’ve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 speakers headphones not detected

2. microphone earphone not detected