Windows 10: Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

Discus and support Headphones are only showing up as "voice" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth headphones only show up as "voice". So there's only a hands-free and no stereo option available. Tried out all of those steps, none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by notalda, Aug 14, 2019.

1. notalda Win User

Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

My bluetooth headphones only show up as "voice". So there's only a hands-free and no stereo option available. Tried out all of those steps, none worked.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...as-voice/bf4bc6e8-a197-4a6a-b1dd-d529434b9b04

Im running Windows 10, Version 1903.

While connected to my laptop, under device manager, it shows that there is an issue "Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp Source". What can I do?

:)

notalda, Aug 14, 2019

2. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    Headphones are only showing up as "voice" [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Bluetooth Headphones only connect to voice and music

Today my headphones started to only use voice and music, when yesterday [the day i got them] they did all noise. I have re paired the headphones to the computer, remove and re add them to the computer list, and remove the computer from the headphones bluetooth
    list. Everytime I reconnect them they just say connected to voice and music.

GladiatorGator, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

1. Headphones are only showing up as "voice" - Similar Threads - Headphones are showing

2. headphones not showing up windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphones not showing up windows 10: headphones not showing up windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-showing-up-windows-10/8bc7de1b-2391-4c92-983a-29ae410e4cc1
  3. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Hi there so I'm experiencing some issues with my headphones not being detected. I've tried several different methods including: turning the computer off then on again, disabling and enabling the headphones/speakers, uninstalling and reinstalling the headphones/speaker...
  4. Voice cancellation on headphones only

Voice cancellation on headphones only: Hi, i'm running a weird issue with all my usb audio interfaces that occurred sinc the last win 10 update on feb 3 on my pc. . While the sound (playback) through speakers its excellent, when i use headphones i get a very karaokish sound (no vocals), like a phase cancellation...
  5. Voice cancellation on headphones only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Voice cancellation on headphones only: Hi, i'm running a weird issue with all my usb audio interfaces that occurred sinc the last win 10 update on feb 3 on my pc. . While the sound (playback) through speakers its excellent, when i use headphones i get a very karaokish sound (no vocals), like a phase cancellation...
  6. JBL Headphones are not showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    JBL Headphones are not showing up: Good evening, and my merriest wishes for a happy 2019 �� I got a pair of JBL T460BL's this year, and I have been struggling to connect them to my HP 250 G3 notebook, running freshly-resetted Windows 10 Home (1803). Notably, I have tried: Restarting the...
  7. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Headphones make connection sound as computer has recognised them when plugged in to either USB port but they're not showing for use.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-showing-up/724f7e37-f5a2-4b6d-8be7-a287ea92c1ca
  8. Headphones Not Showing Up in Device Manager?

Headphones Not Showing Up in Device Manager?: I have a Plantronics 400HS RIG headset. Audio comes out of the headset and I am able to use the microphone attached to the headset on games. However, when I go to the device manager to see my headset, it does not show up? Does anyone have any suggestions? 88549
  9. Headphones not working/not showing up

Headphones not working/not showing up: Specs: Lenovo B50-30 Touch Ever since an update from Microsoft, my headphones are not working. Whenever they are plugged in, the sound comes from the laptop itself. I have tried updating drivers and using multiple pairs of headphones. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?...
  10. Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices

Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices: Hello, I'm running on Windows 10 Home and my earphones work but they don't show up in playback devices (Right click sound and select playback devices) I'm not really sure how to get them back. It doesn't really matter with my earphones but my headphones don't work at all...