Windows 10: Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

Discus and support Headphones are only showing up as "voice" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth headphones only show up as "voice". So there's only a hands-free and no stereo option available. Tried out all of those steps, none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by notalda, Aug 14, 2019.

1. notalda Win User

Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

My bluetooth headphones only show up as "voice". So there's only a hands-free and no stereo option available. Tried out all of those steps, none worked.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...as-voice/bf4bc6e8-a197-4a6a-b1dd-d529434b9b04

Im running Windows 10, Version 1903.

While connected to my laptop, under device manager, it shows that there is an issue "Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp Source". What can I do?

:)

notalda, Aug 14, 2019

2. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    Headphones are only showing up as "voice" [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Bluetooth Headphones only connect to voice and music

Today my headphones started to only use voice and music, when yesterday [the day i got them] they did all noise. I have re paired the headphones to the computer, remove and re add them to the computer list, and remove the computer from the headphones bluetooth
    list. Everytime I reconnect them they just say connected to voice and music.

GladiatorGator, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Headphones are only showing up as "voice"

1. Headphones are only showing up as "voice" - Similar Threads - Headphones are showing

2. Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones connect as music only, not as voice: Hi,I have tried this with several Bluetooth devices with a microphone, but Windows connects to them for output only, not input. In this example, the Mpow Bluetooth 5.0 headphones are connected for music only, even though the icon shows headphonesWhy wouldn't Windows recognize...
  3. Headphones not showing up

Headphones not showing up: The wired headphones don't work. Only left side works. Wireless headphones work just fine. I tried using the same headphones on my phone and everything is fine, the problem only occurs on my laptop. I tried using USB c to headphone adapter but then I don't get any audio. I...
  4. Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound

Bluetooth headphones will only connect for voice but not sound: I have researched this problem extensively and spent hours trying to resolve it as others have suggested but cannot get my bluetooth headphones to connect for sound. When paired, the sound still plays through my laptop speakers. Here is what I have done to try to fix this...
  5. Bluetooth headphone only connects to voice ?

Bluetooth headphone only connects to voice ?: I had been using Boat Rockers 480 V2 Bluetooth 5.0 headphone. When I tried to connect it to my laptop the device connected as voice only, I cant use the device as a playback device. I connected the same device to a different laptop and it pairs as voice and music. I have...
  6. Bluetooth headphones only connected as "voice"

Bluetooth headphones only connected as "voice": Every time I try to connect any Bluetooth headphone to my computer it will only connect initially as "voice" with no stereo option available. Thus my computer will not play music at high quality for some time. After multiple restarts and deleting the device from the computer...
  7. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Hi there so I'm experiencing some issues with my headphones not being detected. I've tried several different methods including: turning the computer off then on again, disabling and enabling the headphones/speakers, uninstalling and reinstalling the headphones/speaker...
  8. Voice cancellation on headphones only

Voice cancellation on headphones only: Hi, i'm running a weird issue with all my usb audio interfaces that occurred sinc the last win 10 update on feb 3 on my pc. . While the sound (playback) through speakers its excellent, when i use headphones i get a very karaokish sound (no vocals), like a phase cancellation...
  9. Voice cancellation on headphones only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Voice cancellation on headphones only: Hi, i'm running a weird issue with all my usb audio interfaces that occurred sinc the last win 10 update on feb 3 on my pc. . While the sound (playback) through speakers its excellent, when i use headphones i get a very karaokish sound (no vocals), like a phase cancellation...
  10. headphones not showing up

headphones not showing up: Headphones make connection sound as computer has recognised them when plugged in to either USB port but they're not showing for use.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-showing-up/724f7e37-f5a2-4b6d-8be7-a287ea92c1ca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones only showing as voice