Windows 10: Headphones as another audio device

Discus and support Headphones as another audio device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I've been trying to set up my headphones on my PC, for more ease of use. They work fine, I have no problem with that. I wanted to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paweł Małkiewicz, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Headphones as another audio device

Hello

I've been trying to set up my headphones on my PC, for more ease of use. They work fine, I have no problem with that. I wanted to use SoundSwitch software to switch between them as audio output and my PC laptop speakers. I would like to avoid disconnecting them each and every time I want to listen to some music. So my problem is that my PC doesnt see them as audio device. Theres only one device listed, speakers. I remember there was an option for the headphones to be treated as another device but I cant see it now.

Could someone help a guy out?

:)

Paweł Małkiewicz, Sep 25, 2020

2. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Unable to access audio from speakers and headphones by setting the devices as a default on Windows 10

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing audio from headphones, speaker on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates for drivers on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers/ settings to access Default device.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to connect the headphones, set the device as a default device and check if it helps

Follow the steps:

• Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the
      Taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the icon headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default
      option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 3: I suggest you to find the audio drivers from Device Manager, update them and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager, right click on the audio drivers and click on
    Update driver software.

For better assistance refer: Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Headphones as another audio device

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Headphones as another audio device

1. Headphones as another audio device - Similar Threads - Headphones another audio

2. No Audio and headphones not appearing as a device anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio and headphones not appearing as a device anymore: all of a sudden my headphones are not showing as devices i can add and I cannot hear anything! I currently have VB audio downloaded which allows me to play music through mic and that works but Im unable to hear any music or audio suddenly Worked in the past. In settings my...
  3. No Audio and headphones not appearing as a device anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio and headphones not appearing as a device anymore: all of a sudden my headphones are not showing as devices i can add and I cannot hear anything! I currently have VB audio downloaded which allows me to play music through mic and that works but Im unable to hear any music or audio suddenly Worked in the past. In settings my...
  4. No Audio and headphones not appearing as a device anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  7. Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device: Hi,I am trying to connect my JBL LIVE PRO + headphones with my Lenovo T470s laptop Windows 10 via bluetooth. I have updated the bluetooth drivers, but the headphones are still not detected as an audio device.They show only as another computer or mobile phone. Here is a...
  8. headphone audio device not showing

headphone audio device not showing: So, today i was planning to get on my PC to play Minecraft and the sound was coming from my built in speakers. i thought it was weird so i went to the panel to check if my output device was still there and it wasn't. I've restarted a few times but no luck. i would be happy if...
  9. Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio

Headphones shown in "Other Devices" but not in Audio: I have used my headphones on this computer for a year plus but now it stopped working. I have updated all of my drivers I have updated my computer & Windows 10 I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Headphones to Bluetooth Whenever I connect the headphones, the PC says...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device

Bluetooth Headphones are not detected as audio device: Hello, I have an issue with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly well on my phone. Basically, the computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device (like a phone), not an audio device. So I can't select them...