Windows 10: Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall

Discus and support Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 OS on my computer. A reinstall that got rid of all third-party apps and settings and kept my personal files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AaronLewis4, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall

So I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 OS on my computer. A reinstall that got rid of all third-party apps and settings and kept my personal files to be more specific.

I have a pair of Hyperx Cloud Alphas (through the Hyperx USB dongle) that sounded clear and crisp before I reinstalled. Now they sound very muffled, like there are cotton balls in my headphones. I've tried other ways of connection on my computer and it still sounds the same except for the front panel where the jack is messed up and has a static sound in the background so that is no option. I tried on my phone and it was clear.

NOTE: I did have an equalizer on my computer prior to the reinstall but was pretty sure that I wiped it off of my computer prior to extensive listening with my headphones and prior the reinstall. I have actually redownloaded the equalizer after the reinstall to see if I could recreate the clarity of sound I had before, but no luck. This could just be the equalizer that never got completely deleted that I got used to and the sudden switch is making it sound like this but I'm not sure.

Things I've tried:

Installing a firmware update for the Hyperx USB dongle.

Disabling and enabling different audio drivers.

Updating the audio driver for my headphones through Device Manager, says the best update is already in place. The headphones/USB Dongle is plug-n-play, but I was checking everything.

Trying different ports on my motherboard.

After right-clicking the audio symbol on the taskbar and in playback devices, it won't allow me to configure the headphones.

Installing audio motherboard drivers from the installation disc that came with my motherboard (ASUS)

Like I said before, this could just be the leftover parts of the equalizer, but I am certain that I got rid of it. Now everything just sounds like a cloth is placed over the audio, it is more noticeable when listening to music.

:)

AaronLewis4, Feb 14, 2019

2. Audio on Bluetooth Headphones is Muffled after recent Windows Update.

So a couple of days ago Windows 10 installed an update on my computer (ASUS TP500LA) and now the audio comes through very muffled on my Bluetooth headphones. This has upset me very much because I have tried the following: updating the drivers, unchecking
    the Audio Enhancements box, and I have also turned off Handsfree Telephony in the Control Panel. Can someone suggest something that I am possibly not doing?

Thanks.

CaliBruin22, Feb 14, 2019
  3. IDT High Definition Audio Codec MUFFLED SOUND with speakers/headphones, Windows 10

Method 1 results:

Repair suggested was increase the audio device volume because the audio device volume might be too low to hear, which is not the problem.

Method 2:

I do not think IDT provides drivers and was unable to find any on their website.

Is the sound muffled because the 2011 drivers are no longer compatible with Windows 10?

What about when there is no sound through speakers/headphones with the generic audio driver?

Thank you for your help and patience,

Philippe

Philippe229, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Composite Win User

Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall

Muffled sound coming from headphones

Hey guys, so i've had windows 10 since about a week after its release, and today I was just browsing on youtube, watching some videos, when all of a sudden the sound goes out, and I can't hear any sound from my computer with or without headphones. So I googled the problem and what did what all the threads told me to do. I ended up reinstalling my audio driver. Now i'm left with the problem. When I try to listen to any sound its all muddy and muffled, but only on my headphones. If I disconnect them then the sound is fine, so it is only a problem with the headphone jack and I know its not my headphones because I tested it on another device and it works fine. Please help me fix this problem Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall :)

Composite, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall

1. Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall - Similar Threads - Headphones audio muffled

2. Muffled headphone audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  3. Muffled headphone audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  4. Headphones sounding muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  5. Headphones sounding muffled

Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  6. Muffled audio in windows 10

Muffled audio in windows 10: It started when i turned on my computer this morning, i tried watching something but it was hard to hear, and muffled. i checked all of my sound settings, troubleshooting did nothing, it just reinstalled my driver. does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Muffled audio in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Muffled audio in windows 10: It started when i turned on my computer this morning, i tried watching something but it was hard to hear, and muffled. i checked all of my sound settings, troubleshooting did nothing, it just reinstalled my driver. does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Muffled audio in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.: Tried every fix I could find. No solutions. Looked at hundreds of sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-either-muffled-or-is-playing/9e31dc3b-189d-42c0-89af-a1dbafbc8669
  10. Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey: I really don’t know how to explain it, but I know it isn’t a headphone problem because it works perfectly on my PS4. submitted by /u/TheSecondDirection [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtnkal/headphone_audio_feels_distant_muffledechoey/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 headphones music is fine but voicesare muffled

2. windows 10 headphone sound muffled

3. windows audio muffled over bluetooth

4. headphones sound muffled windows 10,
  5. realtek audio sounds muffled,
  6. Asus Realtek audio muffle sound,
  7. headphones on cell phone sound muffled,
  8. bluetooth headphones sound muffled windows 10,
  9. headphones laptop muffled,
  10. muffled voice from headphones after listening to music,
  11. audio muffled when headphones plugged in windows 10,