Windows 10: Headphones audio plays through mic too

Discus and support Headphones audio plays through mic too in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason there’s an echo for what I’m hearing through my headphones into my mic and it’s not a hardware problem because I tried muting through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smoIl-bean, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Headphones audio plays through mic too

For some reason there’s an echo for what I’m hearing through my headphones into my mic and it’s not a hardware problem because I tried muting through the headphones and recording still in the recording I could hear the audio my pc was playing I tried everything but I couldn’t fix it

submitted by /u/smoIl-bean
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/smoIl-bean, Sep 27, 2020

2. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

Headphones audio plays through mic too [​IMG]

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

Headphones audio plays through mic too [​IMG]

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Headphones audio plays through mic too

headphone mic not working.

Thank you for this reply I finally figured it out , the main problem is when we install the Conexant audio driver it overwrite the previous Realtek audio driver so the headphone mic not work. to fix this you must reinstall the Realtek audio driver download
    from realtek.com it will work with any laptop device and any mic like headphone with inbuilt (eg. Microsoft Lumia 650 headphone).

Please give other this soluction who have problem with headphone and mic and tell then to install Realtak audio driver.

Again thank you for all your replies, I finally figured out the solution.

Hemantgehlot, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Headphones audio plays through mic too

1. Headphones audio plays through mic too - Similar Threads - Headphones audio plays

2. audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio playing through my mic i do not use a headphone mic its a desktop mic: My mic out of no where started to play my computer sounds. On Xbox game bar and on other apps such as discord when i go into my audio interface everything is fine, but when I'm on any app that uses my microphone you can barely hear me but it plays sounds from my computer if...
  3. audio playing through mic?

audio playing through mic?: okay so discord is picking up any audio i play. youtube, games, notification noises. they all go through and people in voice calls can hear. I've tried updating drivers, disabling stereo mix. nothing helps. this only happens when I use my headset. it doesn't happen if I just...
  4. All audio playing through mic

All audio playing through mic: All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, games and when I'm just testing my mic. When I mute my microphone on my headset, the audio of whatever is on my desktop still plays through my mic. This also occurred on an old headset. My...
  5. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  6. audio playing through mic issue.

audio playing through mic issue.: did you ever find a resolution for this i have had the same issue withg multiple headsets but i always have the same issue, i cant find anything useful online and i cant seem to figure out how to fix it. this is my discord if its easier to respond on that thanks! will neill...
  7. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  8. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone: Hello! My issue at the moment is on my old PC, I had a B&O Play control center with my realtek HDA card, which had an option for acoustic echo cancellation. Normally this should be found in the enhancement tab, correct? The problem is, on my new PC I have Realtek HDA(SST) and...
  9. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62
  10. Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.

Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.: I've only been having this exact problem recently; whenever I try to play audio from my laptop (HP Pavilion 15-n271ea I think​, x64) with my headphones (3.5mm jack, Sony) the audio plays through my speakers and not my headphones. This would happen before (with audio playing...