Windows 10: headphones, auriculares problem after windows update

Discus and support headphones, auriculares problem after windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Headphones, auriculares don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in. Can't change output, Speaker is the only option. Restarting make them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Char967, Nov 30, 2020.

1. headphones, auriculares problem after windows update

Headphones, auriculares don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in. Can't change output, Speaker is the only option. Restarting make them work again.

PC G7 7790 , Windows 10 home 64bit 1909 build 10.0.18363

submitted by /u/Char967
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Char967, Nov 30, 2020

2. Earphone/Headphone Problem

Hello Debapratim,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share these details.

• Have you made any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• What is the make and model of the head phone?

• Is the issue specific to this head phone?

I suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to refer the suggestions from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab06

For headphone issues

I would suggest you to set headphone as default device and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

a) Right Click on the sound icon
    at the bottom left corner at the taskbar.

b) Click on Playback devices.

c) Check if you are able to find the iconheadphone in the list of connected playback devices.

d) If yes, clickon the icon and then click on
    Set default option

e) Click on Apply and then onOK.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on“Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select
    “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option:
    “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the
    restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2020
  4. headphones, auriculares problem after windows update

[WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

headphones, auriculares problem after windows update

1. headphones, auriculares problem after windows update - Similar Threads - headphones auriculares problem

2. Headphones/No sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/No sound after Windows update.: No sound coming from headphones and I tried all the fixes I've seen on other posts. I am genuinely tired of this problem keep popping up after every single large update of Windows in the past decade across multiple different devices.Tried:- Device manager- Drivers...
  3. Headphones/No sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones/No sound after Windows update.: No sound coming from headphones and I tried all the fixes I've seen on other posts. I am genuinely tired of this problem keep popping up after every single large update of Windows in the past decade across multiple different devices.Tried:- Device manager- Drivers...
  4. Headphones not working after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working after windows update.: Good day everyone.Yesterday, I installed the new windows 11 update just before i shutdown my machine.Today i turned it on again but my headphones do not seem to work, nor does anything I plug into the sound port.I tried restarting my computer several times, ran the...
  5. Headphones not working after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working after windows update.: Good day everyone.Yesterday, I installed the new windows 11 update just before i shutdown my machine.Today i turned it on again but my headphones do not seem to work, nor does anything I plug into the sound port.I tried restarting my computer several times, ran the...
  6. Auriculares

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auriculares: Normalmente utilizaba mis auriculares aux pero un día mi pc dejo de detectarlos, conecte unos audífonos por usb y si los reconoció... Cuando fui a ver en el administrador de dispositivos no me aparece en "controlador de Realtek" Intente de todo: Descargar e instalar los...
  7. Headphones not detecting after windows update

Headphones not detecting after windows update: realtek drivers not detecting headphones when connecting them and sound still plays on the speakers. I have tried all the realtek drivers but none seem to solve the issue. Laptop details: Predator PH315-51 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz...
  8. headphone problem in windows

headphone problem in windows: it seems that my headphone doesn't seem to work on windows 10 but it works fine on ubuntu which is installed on the same laptop. one more thing is that the headphone starts working if i restarted the windows10 but stops when i plug it out and plug it in back. please help, i...
  9. Headphones not working after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones not working after windows update.: So my windows updated last night (Without warning me about it, as per usual. As if this updates ever did any good...) and once the laptop was back up and running my headphones were no longer working on it. I will plug them in and sometimes I get a notification that I have in...
  10. After Windows Update, no "headphone" device

After Windows Update, no "headphone" device: I have an ASI IQ17 laptop. After the Windows Update last night, my headphones no longer work independently from my speakers, and going to "playback devices" shows no "headphone" device. I'd reinstall the drivers... but I can't seem to find them via google search for some...