Windows 10: Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears!

Discus and support Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop runs the latest windows 10 and recently, my headphone doesn't work on my laptop anymore. I thought it was the audio driver that was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bijoy_05, Jun 13, 2020.

1. bijoy_05 Win User

Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears!

My laptop runs the latest windows 10 and recently, my headphone doesn't work on my laptop anymore. I thought it was the audio driver that was not working but reinstalling it has showed that the problem persists. The Bluetooth headphones that i use work just fine, even the laptop built in speakers also work, but the headphone doesnt. I've tried to use another headphone, but the same problem occurs. The headphone gets detected, but i cant hear anything with it. Is there a possible fix to this problem? Please let me know soon!

:)

bijoy_05, Jun 13, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Plug in the headphones. Click on the start icon and start type "sound". Open the sound control panel that appears at the top of the list. Do you have an entry in the list of sound devices that looks like it would be for the headphones?

NavyLCDR, Jun 13, 2020
  3. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears!

Windows 10 No Longer Detects Headphones after a Sound Update?

Let me answer your questions as follows:

1. The front panel is securely plugged and in the correct place.

2. The sound is not disabled in the BIOS since I never mess with the settings in there. This sudden problem appeared after the sound troubleshooting of Windows, following a restart and then the sound was completely gone.

3. See the image below.

4. Headset microphone is not disabled.

5. The properties of the headset appear to be normal with no restrictions.

6. The headphones work perfectly fine in the rear panel.

7. I tested the headphones on another computer and they work just fine.

8. No warning signs in the device manager.

9. My headphone are 3.5 mm.

In conclusion, as I suspect, the front panel jack input has been somehow blocked / disabled after that Windows troubleshooting. Mind you, I don't have Realtek drivers installed now. If I have, I lose completely my sound (from the speakers, which are plugged in the rear panel).

PS: My system runs in Bulgarian, so excuse me if it is tough to read through the image.

Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears! [​IMG]

Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears! [​IMG]

lifelover90, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears!

1. Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears! - Similar Threads - Headphones Being detected

2. Headphones detected, but no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected, but no sound: I was trying to boost the sound by clicking the Loudness Equalization and other configurations, but it caused my headphones to now have no sound. I tried setting back to the original settings, but that still didn't work. I've tried uninstalling and then turning the computer...
  3. Headphones detected but no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected but no sound: My headphones were working bine on my laptop, but suddenly they didn't work recently. I tried all the methods I could find on the internet but I have not been able to solve it yet. Headphones work on other devices it just doesn't work on my laptop, the device is set to...
  4. Headphones detected but no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected but no sound: My headphones were working bine on my laptop, but suddenly they didn't work recently. I tried all the methods I could find on the internet but I have not been able to solve it yet. Headphones work on other devices it just doesn't work on my laptop, the device is set to...
  5. Headphones detected but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detected but no sound: My pc shows the volume levels as if there should be sound but I can’t hear anything through my headphones. I know it’s not the headphones’ fault as they work on every other device. I have looked through multiple discussions and followed many steps, I have updated, uninstalled...
  6. headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    headphones not being detected: I have a problem with my headphones where they are plugged into my pc, but they don't get detected. Sometimes it will work, but only for a few minutes before they disappear and audio starts playing out of my speakers. When I try to go back to change the output device, my...
  7. Headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not being detected: I've recently had a problem with my new headphones' midrange sounding really unclear. Apparently, it's a common flaw in cheaper headphones. So I went ahead and ordered myself a new pair of headphones (it's on the way rn) But I noticed something before that, my headphones...
  8. Headphones not being detected

Headphones not being detected: I am on a Windows 10 and my headphones were working perfectly fine yesterday but today it stopped working and I can only use speakers, I've tried fixing it and going through tutorials like going to Device Manager and other things but the device wasn't even there which is why...
  9. Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears!

Headphones Being detected, but no sound appears!: My laptop runs the latest windows 10 and recently, my headphone doesn't work on my laptop anymore. I thought it was the audio driver that was not working but reinstalling it has showed that the problem persists. The Bluetooth headphones that i use work just fine, even the...
  10. Headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not being detected: I'm kind of at my wits end with this problem. I tried several different computers, several different headphones, different combinations of headphones on computers, but all they have in common is that they run Windows 10. In all of these scenarios, when I plug my headphones...