Windows 10: Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager

Discus and support Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The current issue I'm dealing with is that my new headphones are not being recognized as headphones but speakers on the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dchxng, Jun 30, 2019.

1. dchxng Win User

Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager

The current issue I'm dealing with is that my new headphones are not being recognized as headphones but speakers on the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

I do have a set of speakers connected to the back panel, and my headphones are connected to the front panel. Am I able to separate the two as individual devices?

:)

dchxng, Jun 30, 2019

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Rich H567 Win User
    Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Jun 30, 2019
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Realtek HD audio speakers "Not plugged in"

If your case has two front panel audio connection options, did you use the
    HD audio
    motherboard connector ?

AC97 is 'legacy' and may not work on some current motherboards.

( There may also be an option to switch between HD and AC97 in the Realtek audio manager, or BIOS

when using an HD audio connector. If your Realtek audio manager has this option, play around with

this for different results with the other settings that control front and back panels )

- Do either speaker or headphone show in Device Manager, Control Panel > Sound,

and the Realtek audio manager ?

'I have like 2 headphones plugged in and two front speakers '

- Start out with either speakers, or a headphone until you get the audio going.

Use the rear outputs for the speakers, and front for headphones.

I would be inclined to try and get the rear speaker output going first because it is connected

directly to the motherboard.

BossDweeb, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Headphones Being Recognized as Speakers on Realtek HD Audio Manager - Similar Threads - Headphones Being Recognized

2. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  3. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  4. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  5. Bose Speakers ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager

Bose Speakers ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager: Can't get my speakers to work properly and just want the audio manger to go back to original defaults. I've tried changing so much, and they were working prior to my "playing around" thanks if anyone can help me!...
  6. Headphones being recognized as speakers.

Headphones being recognized as speakers.: A few days ago I bought new headphones [Rampage RM-K27 X-JAMMER]. Now when I plugged them in they're being recognized as a speaker and not actual headphones. Right now it is recognized as a speaker and the sound is kinda weird? I tried messing up with Realtek settings and...
  7. Realtek HD Audio Manager with Bluetooth headphones problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio Manager with Bluetooth headphones problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tulloch100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eabrmj/realtek_hd_audio_manager_with_bluetooth/
  8. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: So i have my headphones pluged in at the front. The sound comes out of headphones but headphones get recognized as speakers. People in skype or teamspeak can hear everything i lisen to or my game sounds like i woud be playing with speakers i dont how to fix plz help....
  9. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: I started up my laptop a while ago to play some music while i do work but when i plugged in my headphones there was no music. The music plays on the speakers but headphones nothing....i have tried many headphones on my laptop and none worked but they do work on my ipod....
  10. Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.: Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) - Windows 7 Help Forums I found this old thread but I couldn't get any help from it because my regedit index doesn't look the same as theirs. I don't have a "DevType_0888_SS147b1083" or "DevType_0885_SS18490890"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones acting as speaker in realtek audio

2. realtek audio no headphones detected

3. logitech headset recognized as speakers

4. LOGITECH HEADSET RECOGNIZED AS REALTEK,
  5. headphones not detected realtek,
  6. realtek audio classes headphones as speakers,
  7. realtech audio control speakers and headphones,
  8. headphones recognized as speakers,
  9. headphones detected as speaker realtek audio,
  10. realtek audio speaker or headphone chose,
  11. realtek hd audio is not being detected windows 10,