Windows 10: headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

Discus and support headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bossjake741, Jun 5, 2020.

1. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of february. i kinda just lived with it but now i can handle it anymore. i know it has no clue its in because i opened icue because its a corsair device and all that was there was my mouse and keyboard but it only lets me hear not speak even if i set it to default mic. And this is the last part, i reset my ENTIRE pc and set it up again but it still does not work so im think on getting new headphones after quarantine but anybody who has some sort of solution please comment and tell me, thanks.

:)

bossjake741, Jun 5, 2020
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Associate a pair of headphones with a microphone

I have a pair of headphones with a microphone built in.

Now, my computer has 2 3.5 mm jacks, so I plugged mine into the first one (labeled without microphone). When I did that, the microphone was not recognized. So, I moved my jack to the second port. When I did that, my computer said that the headphones were
    unplugged. But the microphone worked. When I moved the jack again, the computer said that my microphone was unplugged and my headphones worked. How do I make it so that I can use both my headphones and the built in microphone at the same time?

Ptolemy2002, Jun 5, 2020
  4. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

1. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer - Similar Threads - headphones built microphone

2. Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.: Just got a new PC, it has Realtek audio. I have my headphones plugged in but I only have the option to make them headphones, not both microphone and headphones, I'll leave some screenshots down below. Thanks....
  3. Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones have built it microphone, Realtek doesn't recognize it.: Just got a new PC, it has Realtek audio. I have my headphones plugged in but I only have the option to make them headphones, not both microphone and headphones, I'll leave some screenshots down below. Thanks....
  4. When headphones are plugged into my laptop, the computer only recognizes the built in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When headphones are plugged into my laptop, the computer only recognizes the built in...: The headphones aren't available in the drop down audio menu. I tried updating the audio drivers to no avail. The mic works perfectly fine when tested and the headphones have no damage. I can't figure out why my computer is only recognizing the microphone portion of my...
  5. Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer recognizing Aux microphone as headphones: I am trying to record some piano from my electric piano, so i plugged in my aux cord into my headphone/headset jack. But the problem is, my computer only recognizes my aux cord as headphones. How can I change it from headphones to a microphone? I've tried updating the drivers...
  6. Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows does not recognize my headphones though it recognizes my headphone's microphone: idk when it had happened but at some point, maybe after an update, my laptop just stopped recognizing my headphones. When I delete realtec drivers it reboots the system and my laptop actually detects my headphones and I can switch between the speakers and the headphones. The...
  7. My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?

My external microphone is not recognized by headphones?: Hello everybody! I've really tried everything. But only the internal micro(input) is accepted and not the external. With the speakers everything is okay! What can I do? Reinstalling the driver does not help! Mein externes Mikro von Kopfhörer wird nicht erkannt?
  8. Headphones Recognized as Microphone

Headphones Recognized as Microphone: Today when I plugged in my ear buds, a menu popped up: "which device did you plug in? Microphone, Headphones, etc." I accidently clicked Microphone, didn't realize it, and checked "don't show this again" and Done. Now, the device only shows up as a microphone no audio output....
  9. My headphones microphone isnt recognized

My headphones microphone isnt recognized: When I plugged in my new headphones they were working fine but the microphone wasn't working and its still dont working I tried to see if the problem was in the head phones but the microphone worked completly fine on my phone i have downloaded all the windows updates from...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...