Windows 10: Headphones connect (with sound *ding*) but show up for 0.1 seconds on the "Sound" menu and...

Discus and support Headphones connect (with sound *ding*) but show up for 0.1 seconds on the "Sound" menu and... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Headphones connect (with sound *ding*) but show up for 0.1 seconds on the "Sound" menu and then disappears. The first time i connected them it worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by louis P., Mar 31, 2019.

1. louis P. Win User

Headphones connect (with sound *ding*) but show up for 0.1 seconds on the "Sound" menu and...

Headphones connect (with sound *ding*) but show up for 0.1 seconds on the "Sound" menu and then disappears.

The first time i connected them it worked. then i clicked on another video on youtube and it just went back to the sound of my screen.

Now every time i conect the headphones they plug in, do the sound, then i select headphones ( because it asks me if it is headphones or gaming headphones with mic) and then i see it pop up for a fraction of a second on the sound menu, but just a fraction of a second and it disappears again.

So what could be causing this? i just got the pc a few days ago.

the headphones are super old though and are not i nteh ebst condition, but work with my laptop.

:)

louis P., Mar 31, 2019
  2. Rohit_R Win User

Bluetooth headphones connected not as sound device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can try the following steps and check if this fixes the issue:

Method 1:

Make sure the headphone device is in turn off state:

1. Type sound on start menu search and press enter key.
    2. Here under Playback devices. Right click on empty space of sound setting Window, click on Show disabled devices.
    3. Check if the device is present in the list.
    4. Right click on the headphone device and click enable.

Method 2:

Run the audio troubleshooter:

1. Type audio troubleshooter on start menu search.
    2. Select Find and fix audio playback problem from the list of results.
    3. Select Next.

Method 3:

Uninstall the Sound card drivers:

1. Type Device Manager on the start menu search and press enter key.
    2. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select Uninstall.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Mar 31, 2019
  3. no headphone sound

Hello,

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. To help you resolve the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried updating the sound card driver?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • Were you able to hear sound from the headphones before?
    • Have you tried performing some troubleshooting steps to resolve the discrepancy? If so, kindly provide the steps that you have done.

We look forward to your response.

Vanessa Oca, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Headphones connect (with sound *ding*) but show up for 0.1 seconds on the "Sound" menu and...

no sound in headphones

Hi Mary,

If your headphones stops working in Windows devices, you can try solutions below to fix the problem. The issue can be caused by incorrect sound settings, faulty audio drivers, etc. We suggest that you follow below simple instructions to troubleshoot the
    problem.

• Check if the sound is muted. If it is muted, the headphone won’t have sound.
    • Check the connection. Try unplugging the headphone and firmly plug it back in.
    • Check the port. If you are using a USB headphone, try a different USB port.
    • Try the headphone on another computer. Use your headphone on another computer. If it doesn’t work on that computer, the headphone might be broken. In that case, you need to replace it with a new one.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Headphones connect (with sound *ding*) but show up for 0.1 seconds on the "Sound" menu and... - Similar Threads - Headphones connect sound

2. 5.1 surround sound system showing up as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5.1 surround sound system showing up as headphones: I just set up a surround sound system in my room with my computer using an RCA to USB-C connector, in some games it can support 5.1 surround sound freely yet in regular Windows applications and the control panel it shows as headphones and doesn't utilize the back two...
  3. 5.1 surround sound system showing up as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5.1 surround sound system showing up as headphones: I just set up a surround sound system in my room with my computer using an RCA to USB-C connector, in some games it can support 5.1 surround sound freely yet in regular Windows applications and the control panel it shows as headphones and doesn't utilize the back two...
  4. Laptop making ding sound .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop making ding sound .: Hello guys ,I got a new laptop couple of days ago and its making a ding sound even after muted and a notice a little hitch when it makes the sound . Everything else is running fine. laptop is super quiet and its not fan noise . Some people told me that it maybe is a HDD sound...
  5. Laptop making ding sound .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop making ding sound .: Hello guys ,I got a new laptop couple of days ago and its making a ding sound even after muted and a notice a little hitch when it makes the sound . Everything else is running fine. laptop is super quiet and its not fan noise . Some people told me that it maybe is a HDD sound...
  6. Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound: I request you to read fully to understand the problem thoroughly.So, I have been having this problem for a month and a half now and I don't have a solution for it. I have looked about it everywhere tried everything but nothin worked.I noticed this very first while playing a...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no sound

Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no sound: So I have a Asus Vivobook and recently I have been facing a problem where whenever I connected my Bluetooth headphones its just says paring and it actually does not connect so for that I have to go to setting and sue the Bluetooth troubleshoot to fix it but after a while...
  8. Headphones not showing up in sound settings

Headphones not showing up in sound settings: I have a set of Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 headphones+ superamp and they will not show up in my sound settings under either the input or output options. Any suggestions?...
  9. Random ding sound, audio is muted but still plays sound

Random ding sound, audio is muted but still plays sound: A couple weeks ago my computer's audio started acting weird. There would be a random dinging sound and the audio was louder than normal to the point where even with all audio sources muted it still plays sound. After this happened my computer also no longer picks up my...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones connecting and no sound

Bluetooth Headphones connecting and no sound: Hello i recently purchased wireless bluetooth headphones. i connected it to my pc, and it worked fine the first time but later another time, i had a problem: the headphones would connect, but no sound would come. i checked the sound device, and it was set to the headphones....