Windows 10: Headphones detected as Speakers

Discus and support Headphones detected as Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TANYAG56, Oct 22, 2018.

1. TANYAG56 Win User

Headphones detected as Speakers

Hi,

I brought SteelSeries Arctis 3 (no usb) headphones. I plugged them in the front jack, as my logitech speakers are plugged in the rear jack.

The Via audio driver windows 10 provides, detects my headphones as my speakers, so even if both are plugged, only my headphones plays, if I want the sound to play on my speakers, I have to unplug my headphones.

I want to be able to use them separately, like play spotify on my speakers and games and discord on my headphones..

Please help!

:)

TANYAG56, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 22, 2018
  4. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Headphones detected as Speakers - Similar Threads - Headphones detected Speakers

2. Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected as Speakers, please help.: I have recently bought a Corsair HS80 USB and could not find out how to fix the bad playback quality. At first, I thought it was the headphones causing the problem, but it wasn't. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the quality but found no solution. I was this...
  3. Headphones detecting as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detecting as speakers: need help searched the internet for solutions non of them worked so far https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-detecting-as-speakers/f6ec7b99-aaf6-4a97-868c-085fd31e8b45
  4. Headphones detected as speakers causing problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected as speakers causing problems: I'm pretty sure I installed a Windows 10 update on my laptop and then all of a sudden headphones detected as speakers, and I think this is causing Realtek Audio Manager to not open and say 'This app can't open' every time so I can't tell it that it is a headset or a headphone...
  5. Headphones detected as speakers causing problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones detected as speakers causing problems: I'm pretty sure I installed a Windows 10 update on my laptop and then all of a sudden headphones detected as speakers, and I think this is causing Realtek Audio Manager to not open and say 'This app can't open' every time so I can't tell it that it is a headset or a headphone...
  6. skullcandy headphones detected as speakers??

skullcandy headphones detected as speakers??: okay, so i'm not exactly sure what kind of skullcandy headphones they are, but they're wired, the ones where you can unplug the wire so you can replace it or whatever. i know my headphones aren't the issue, i've tried them on multiple other devices and they've never had this...
  7. USB Speakers detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Speakers detected as headphones: I’ve got Audioengine A2+ speakers, and when I plug them in with USB windows always detects them as headphones and not speakers. I’m not sure if it makes any difference, but it’s frustrating and nothing fixes it. For reference, I’ve got an msi z490i unify with Realtek drivers....
  8. Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working

Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working: My headphone was working well previously but after i plugged in my PS4 controller i think it just override the software or something. I used to be able to listen and talk with this headphone and in the sound playback panel it will be detected as KZ earphone but now it is...
  9. No speakers or headphones detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speakers or headphones detected: Getting the error "dxd audio failed to initialize", I want to prevent this message closing the program or some way to bypass it. Running troubleshoot says there may be problem with audio device and sfc gives no error. Using desktop without sound card, heaphones or speakers...
  10. No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected)

No sound (no speakers, headphones, detected): Hey there! All of the sudden my Yoga 920 running Windows 10 is not detecting any speakers/headphones and won't put out any sound. I've looked into it a bit and it looks as though there isn't a sound card installed. I've tried to run the sound troubleshooter and it just runs...