Windows 10: Headphones Detected but no sound is produced

Discus and support Headphones Detected but no sound is produced in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone,Acer Nitro 5 - Windows 10Regular audio is working but when I plugged in three pairs of headphones no audio was produced. Headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RM2005_, Jul 2, 2021.

1. RM2005_ Win User

Headphones Detected but no sound is produced

Hi everyone,Acer Nitro 5 - Windows 10Regular audio is working but when I plugged in three pairs of headphones no audio was produced. Headphones RealtekR Audio is detected. I have turned audio enhancements off and have updated the drivers but nothing is working. Earlier this week, the audio on my Acer Nitro 5 was not working but I was able to fix this by uninstalling every item in the "Audio Inputs and Outputs" and "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers" sections and then restarting my laptop. My audio was fixed as a result but my headphone issue continues to persist.If anyone can help me with

:)

RM2005_, Jul 2, 2021

2. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Jul 2, 2021
  3. SJLPHI Win User
    HDMI device detected Windows 10 producing sound but no sound on TV

Hello,
    I've recently fresh-installed Windows 10 Home on my Alienware 15 laptop. I've had it working with an external TV connected through HDMI. before the fresh install. In short, hardware wise nothing should be wrong. Cable, the TV and HDMI jack were working just fine a few days ago.

Since the fresh install, I've got many things to work properly except the sound through the HDMI. I did re-install and rolled back the audio driver many times but still no success. Everything else is up to date and I am out of ideas.

Headphones Detected but no sound is produced [​IMG]

Windows 10 is producing sound fine, I can hear it fine through the headphones when I set the headphones as default devices but when I switch to the HDMI/TV as the default and output device, no sound comes out.

I would appreciate any help. I did try to google my issues but pretty much every suggestions I came across didn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

It got solved with a freakish unrelated patch. I installed On screen display application (https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...driverid=41ttf) for my laptop.

This is the strangest solution I've seen yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, nevermind. it did not get resolved. The sound sometimes works but sometimes doesn't. I have no idea what's going on!

- - - Updated - - -

Just to fill my curiosity, I tried thunderbolt, same result. However the TV sound works fine with other computers.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a "fix", I am testing whether it works consistently or not. It's a very weird sequence:
    1. Open the "Sound" option.
    2. Get to "Playback" tab.
    3. Go to properties of the TV connected through HDMI.
    4. Go to Advaced tab.
    5. Restore Defaults then apply.
    6. Change the default format to 16bit, 44.1kHz then test.
    7. Change the default format to 16bit, 32kHz then test.
    8. TV miraculously makes sound. Hit apply and close all options.

So far this survived one reboot. I will consider this solved if it survives more than 10 without me having to go through this again.

This is so strange, what could cause this?

- - - Updated - - -

Playing with input frequency is not a permanent solution, it stops producing sound while booted.

SJLPHI, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Headphones Detected but no sound is produced

Headphones not producing sound

I got a pair of earbuds said to work with my computer. I plugged them in and the sound wont produce through the earbuds, but the speakers. I can hear it through the speakers on the computer, but not the earbuds. The same thing also happened to my headphones.
    Is there something wrong with the computer? I have a windows 8 Gateway laptop.

Tylermiller14, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Headphones Detected but no sound is produced

1. Headphones Detected but no sound is produced - Similar Threads - Headphones Detected sound

2. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  3. My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headphones produce microphone sound, not the headphones sound: So, my PC plays microphone quality sound into my headphones, and when i want to switch to my normal headphone sound, it produces no sound at all....
  4. new headphones not producing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new headphones not producing sound: Hi,I bought a new headphones and wants to use it for my recording.It installs and saying the device is ready, however, it doesn't even work in my computer but working in my laptop. What may be the reason behind this?...
  5. new headphones not producing sound

new headphones not producing sound: Hi,I bought a new headphones and wants to use it for my recording.It installs and saying the device is ready, however, it doesn't even work in my computer but working in my laptop. What may be the reason behind this?...
  6. new headphones not producing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. new headphones not producing sound

new headphones not producing sound: Hi,I bought a new headphone. I updated the driver and saying the device is ready to use. I tried using it but it doesn't produce any sounds.Tied it to other device and it works fine it seems the issue is on my computer. Please help....
  8. new headphones not producing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new headphones not producing sound: Hi,I bought a new headphone. I updated the driver and saying the device is ready to use. I tried using it but it doesn't produce any sounds.Tied it to other device and it works fine it seems the issue is on my computer. Please help....
  9. new headphones not producing sound

10. Headphones produce no sound

Headphones produce no sound: I got a Genesis Cobalt 300 headphones and I've tried everything(updated realtek drivers, rolled back to many versions,uninstalled them,repaired them etc.) i also had a problem where my headphones would get recognized as speakers but fixed that, now they're marked as Realtek...