Windows 10: Headphones detected but not working on ASUS laptop

Discus and support Headphones detected but not working on ASUS laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My headphones are not working at all on my ASUS laptop. They were working last night when I was watching a lecture but after I took them out and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by strugglinstudent::, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Headphones detected but not working on ASUS laptop

My headphones are not working at all on my ASUS laptop. They were working last night when I was watching a lecture but after I took them out and plugged them back in this morning my headphones are detected but sound comes out through my laptop speaker instead of through the earbuds. I have checked audio devices any my headphones aren't in there. There is no headphone drive under audio inputs for me to set to default. Also, all of my audio drivers are updated to the latest version so it's not an update error. Besides them being plugged in its as if my laptop hasn't picked up on them. However I still hear a sound through my earbuds when I unplug them and plug them in so I know the port for the earbuds is working. I'm confused where to go with this and I can't watch my lecture without them because I don't want to disturb anyone. Pleas help! Thank you

Also I think I have windows 10 but I'm not entirely positive my laptop is only two years old. :

:)

strugglinstudent::, Jan 27, 2021

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Headphones detected but not working on ASUS laptop

Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Headphones detected but not working on ASUS laptop

1. Headphones detected but not working on ASUS laptop - Similar Threads - Headphones detected working

2. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  3. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  4. Headphones detected but not working in PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected but not working in PC: I've tried everything from updating the drivers, troubleshooting multiple times, turning things off in the properties window in both my speakers and headphones, removed my other headphones, and enabling my headphones after disabling them and nothing has worked.The headset is...
  5. Headphones detected but not working in PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected but not working in PC: I've tried everything from updating the drivers, troubleshooting multiple times, turning things off in the properties window in both my speakers and headphones, removed my other headphones, and enabling my headphones after disabling them and nothing has worked.The headset is...
  6. Laptop does not detect Headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop does not detect Headphones: Since I joined a webcam with my Lenovo Ideapad Windows 10 , my headphones have stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Realteck Sound Driver few times. I have tried all the suggested options by different experts. It has been more than a week now and I am tired....
  7. Headphones Aren't Working for ASUS Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones Aren't Working for ASUS Laptop: Before I say anything else, I want to assure you that I have checked that my headphones are set as the default output on my computer, and I have updated the driver on my computer. Neither of these things have changed my situation, though they are the only responses I can find...
  8. Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.: So I've been scattering around trying to find out why my headphones haven't been working. It seems the headphone jack has just suddenly stopped detecting headphones that are plugged in. The issue started on Friday and I've only just noticed that the problem is the jack....
  9. Headphones Not Working Or Being Detected

Headphones Not Working Or Being Detected: Hello! I've been having some problems with my headset of late. Specifically, it's not being detected as an audio output device. I've done everything I've seen on other threads about this problem, including un- and re-installing the audio driver, but nothing seems to work....
  10. Sound - speakers/headphones - stopped working on ASUS laptop

Sound - speakers/headphones - stopped working on ASUS laptop: With no intervening "event" - no new hardware or software or drivers installed Following the installation of a Cisco VPN client, the sound stopped working on my ASUS laptop. There is a red X over the speaker icon at the bottom right of the computer. Mousing over the icon,...