Windows 10: Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything

Discus and support Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headphone that uses a 3.5mm headphone jack I used to use an MSI DS502 which uses USB and it worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Deeperro, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Deeperro Win User

Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything

Hello,

I recently bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headphone that uses a 3.5mm headphone jack I used to use an MSI DS502 which uses USB and it worked perfectly fine, however, the HyperX Cloud Stinger won't work. The headphone is detected and sound is detected but I cannot hear anything not even the test beep. Now I tried the sound troubleshooter I tried upgrading to the latest driver I tried checking and unchecking different boxes on realtek audio manager, I've also tried disabling all enhancements and turned off exclusivity, tried all frequencies and bits available I also tried both the front panel and the Jacks on the back none of these worked. I updated all my drivers on the PC and did all the Windows Updates it still didnt work.

Note that I had a 3.5mm headphones before that worked for some time but then had the same problem and thats why I got a USB this time.

Also, the headphones worked completely fine on other devices.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thank you

:)

Deeperro, Jan 19, 2021

2. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Headphones detected- but no sound

Hi all,

Lenovo G470 - Windows 10.

I can't hear any sound when the headphones are connected. Speakers are working perfectly. Headphones ( High Definition Audio Device) are detected but no sound. Headphones properties show Jack Information - LR - green circle with a black dot in the center-Right Panel
    3.5 mm jack.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Thank You.

Anitha Sri, Jan 19, 2021
  4. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything - Similar Threads - Headphones detecting sound

2. Cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant hear anything: No sound coming out of my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-anything/a9fffb8e-2438-4779-8aca-628e0a9a58e4
  3. Cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant hear anything: No sound coming out of my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-anything/a9fffb8e-2438-4779-8aca-628e0a9a58e4
  4. I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything: I made a mistaken obviously written in the title, i don't have any input sound please help me like RIGHT NOW!! i'm sort of crying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-made-some-mistakes-i-cant-hear-anything-and-cant/81af1c58-8f23-42a0-90a5-f8b5d09ac78d
  5. I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything

I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything: I made a mistaken obviously written in the title, i don't have any input sound please help me like RIGHT NOW!! i'm sort of crying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-made-some-mistakes-i-cant-hear-anything-and-cant/81af1c58-8f23-42a0-90a5-f8b5d09ac78d
  6. I made some mistakes i cant hear anything and cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I cant hear anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant hear anything: When ever im on a discord or google meet call. I cant hear other tabs or windows. I did change my mic setting to my laptop and output to headphones but then the mic quality is not the best. There is also a hands free option which i dont know about...
  8. I cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant hear anything: When ever im on a discord or google meet call. I cant hear other tabs or windows. I did change my mic setting to my laptop and output to headphones but then the mic quality is not the best. There is also a hands free option which i dont know about...
  9. I cant hear anything

10. Sound shown output on headphones in sound panel but I can't hear anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound shown output on headphones in sound panel but I can't hear anything: Hey. When I logged on to my laptop my sound was not working. It shows it as functional and it worked on another device. Any help? I've done everything. Uninstalled the drivers, Updated everything, Restarted, and so much more....