Windows 10: Headphones disabling without disabling speakers

Discus and support Headphones disabling without disabling speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dell latitude 3189 with windows 10 on it. I wanted to ask something. My headphone jack is stuck in the headphone port. Its pretty annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yoyolight2005, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Headphones disabling without disabling speakers

Hi, I have a dell latitude 3189 with windows 10 on it. I wanted to ask something. My headphone jack is stuck in the headphone port. Its pretty annoying because my laptop detects the little piece of the headphone jack. Can disable my headphones without disabling my speakers?

:)

yoyolight2005, Nov 4, 2019
  2. essenbe Win User

Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

I'm not sure if this will do what you want, but type sound into the search bar, click on change sound card settings, right click the speakers and select disable, then select the headphones and at the bottom click Default. That should disable the speakers and use the headphones for all sounds.

essenbe, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Joe913 Win User
    How to disable the internal speakers when connecting external speakers?

The instructions for connecting headphones/external speakers inplies that the internal speakers in my HP Envy 23-d260qd computer will be disabled when the headphones/external speakers are connected. This is not the case - both the speakers and the
    headphones work together, thus defeating the purpose of headphones. There seems to be some suggestion that this problem has been caused by an update to Windows10. I have been connecting of headphones or external speakers and would mechanically disabled the
    internal speakers as happens with molst audio equipment. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Joe913, Nov 4, 2019
  4. JOSHSKORN Win User

Headphones disabling without disabling speakers

Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

These are the machines in question. The speakers are built-in. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktop...ries-tiny/m73/

That said, there are no wires to cut.

Upon examining the BIOS, I noticed that you can disable the onboard sound, however I'm fairly certain that this would also permanently disable usage of the headphone jack as well.

Again, I just want to make sure the speakers do not work at all, but that the headphone connector jack is still live and that the volume for that can still be adjusted to the user's liking.

JOSHSKORN, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Headphones disabling without disabling speakers

1. Headphones disabling without disabling speakers - Similar Threads - Headphones disabling without

2. Unable To Activate Disabled Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Activate Disabled Speakers: After the last Win 11 update, my Edifer speakers no longer produce sound. In Settings/Bluetooth it shows they're connected, however in Settings/Sound they're no longer in the Input list. In Control Panel Sound it shows they're disconnected, it's grayed out and I'm unable to...
  3. Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!: Hello,Recently I upgraded my laptop to windows 11. And now when I unplug my headphones, it is showing 'no output devices found', but when i plug-in, my headphones audio is working. Few days before it was working fine but now i'm facing this problem. Plz help....
  4. Disable laptop speakers but enable headphones when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable laptop speakers but enable headphones when plugged in: Hi, I bought a laptop and apparently windows doesn't distinguish between the integrated speakers and a headphones when these are plugged in. Basically I want to experience the same that I was experiencing in my desktop PC... if I play a song and I don't have a headphone...
  5. How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable internal speakers, but keep use of the headphone jack?: I just want to completely disable the internal speakers of my laptop, but in audio devices, it is grouped with headphones (it’s named speakers/headphones as part of Realtek Audio). How do I disable the internal speakers independently from headphones? Thanks submitted by...
  6. How do I disable the speakers without disabling the audio itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the speakers without disabling the audio itself?: I'm trying to record text-to-speech for an intentionally bad 3D animation using Audacity. In order to make sure the voice is loud enough for people to here, I need to record it using high volume. I don't want anyone else in my house to here me recording the text-to-speech. Is...
  7. disable headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable headphones: how do I disable the headphone port as my son snapped the plug off in the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-headphones/4aa7cc1d-5cae-4383-9663-28bc45bdf205
  8. Disable UPnP without disabling Network discovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable UPnP without disabling Network discovery: I want to disable UPnP because the port are being open without my notice. My modem does not allow disabling UPnP. When I search on Google, it just give me tutorial how to disable Network discovery. That's not what i want, because i use it. I want to disable UPnP on Windows so...
  9. Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable speakers and keep headphone jack enabled?: Where I work, the IT department made the mistake of purchasing computers with built-in speakers. We do not want the speakers to function at all, only any sound put through the headphone jack. After disabling the speakers, we found that YouTube no longer works, which is a...
  10. Disabling automatic audio switching and combine speakers & headphones

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling automatic audio switching and combine speakers & headphones: On my HP Elite 7300 MT with upgraded graphics to a GTX 560TI, I'm running into a pretty specific problem. I have my audio setup connected to my computer via the back green jack port, but as my system is quite aged (home cinema receiver from the 80's) it takes quite some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable headphones without disabling sound