Windows 10: Headphones do not work after Windows 10 update?

Discus and support Headphones do not work after Windows 10 update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have a problem with my headphones (JBL with connector) not being recognized after I switched from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Numitos, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Numitos Win User

Headphones do not work after Windows 10 update?

Hello!

I have a problem with my headphones (JBL with connector) not being recognized after I switched from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I have an Alienware M17xR4 laptop)

I have already looked at some solutions on the internet but none of them worked.

-Updated my driver, -Right-click on the speaker to handle sound problems

Then you should set the headphones as default, which I can't do because they are not even recognized.

Perhaps someone knows the problem and may have another solution!

Thanks!

:)

Numitos, Aug 14, 2020

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Unable to access headphones after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Clayton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to access the headphones after upgrading to Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Is this issue specific only to the headphones?
    • Is your headphones working fine on other devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the headphones?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the headphones is set to playback device.

Follow the below:

• Connect the headphones to your device.
    • Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply back to us with the detailed description of this issue, we will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Headphones do not work after Windows 10 update?

Upgraded to Windows 10 and now headphones won't work

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with headphones not working in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Have you try using different headphones and check if its working?
    • Also have you connected the headphone to some other device and check if the headphone is working fine?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Meanwhile let's try the steps below and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X, and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controller option.
    • Right click on the sound card driver and select Uninstall option.
    • Restart the computer to reinstall the driver automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Further follow the suggestion given in the below link and check if it helps:

Headphones not working in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Headphones do not work after Windows 10 update?

1. Headphones do not work after Windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - Headphones update

2. my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update: problem started now it also happened before . i want to fix this . it says that didn't work make sure the Bluetooth device is still discoverable .. and it is discoverable...
  3. my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update: problem started now it also happened before . i want to fix this . it says that didn't work make sure the Bluetooth device is still discoverable .. and it is discoverable...
  4. my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  6. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  7. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update: I've been using wireless headphones for a month and have not experienced any issues connecting via Bluetooth from my laptop. One day I was listening to music with my headphones Sony WH-CH520 when suddenly I heard a lag or crash I can't explain it very well and my headphones...
  9. Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update

Wireless headphones broke after installing windows update: I've been using wireless headphones for a month and have not experienced any issues connecting via Bluetooth from my laptop. One day I was listening to music with my headphones Sony WH-CH520 when suddenly I heard a lag or crash I can't explain it very well and my headphones...
  10. After every audio setting update, my WH-710 Sony Headphones stop playing audio and I have...

After every audio setting update, my WH-710 Sony Headphones stop playing audio and I have...: Why does this happen to me? It only started to today and I don't know why. If you guys could help, that'd be nice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-every-audio-setting-update-my-wh-710-sony/a81e611f-5f68-4d19-ac09-8fb75ab386b6