Windows 10: Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.

Discus and support Headphones don't work. Tried every solution. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was visiting another town for a year for school, and I had my gaming laptop I had just got new headphones and they worked great. When I got back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JD, Mar 20, 2021.

1. JD
    JD Win User

Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.

So I was visiting another town for a year for school, and I had my gaming laptop I had just got new headphones and they worked great. When I got back home to my PC though my headphones wouldn't work. Me and my father spent almost 3 hour trying to fix this issue. My drivers are updated, I downloaded and uninstalled realtek, etc. Nothing worked and I just wanna do school or play games with my music in the background.

:)

2. Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.

Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Headphones don't work. Tried every solution.

1. Headphones don't work. Tried every solution. - Similar Threads - Headphones don't Tried

2. Headphones don't work on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones don't work on Laptop: Hello, I unplugged my headphones from my laptop to use for my phone, and when I plug them back into the laptop it stops working. I try different headphones and none of them work on the laptop. Similar problem I had before but it resolved itself automatically, it hasn't done...
  3. Headphones don't work on Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones don't work on Laptop: Hello, I unplugged my headphones from my laptop to use for my phone, and when I plug them back into the laptop it stops working. I try different headphones and none of them work on the laptop. Similar problem I had before but it resolved itself automatically, it hasn't done...
  4. Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Bar still not working after trying every solution: I have attempted to fix my windows search bar from crashing. I have used every solution I could find from running scripts to reinstalling it to going into my regedit. It fixed itself when I restarted windows but it quickly came back.Help. I miss searching things up....
  5. Windows Time Wrong, tried every solution.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Time Wrong, tried every solution.: Laptop + PC time wrongIm pretty tilted but i dont know how to resolve this problem.Im in Canada, my time zone is correct. The time is 7:40, pc says its 4:40. I have changed date time settings, windows key+ r services, looked through bios, enabled auto sync, turned service on...
  6. Headphones don't work on the laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones don't work on the laptop?: Hello I wanted to connect my headphones to my laptop, but it doesn't work. I have already googled the internet and tried everything under Device Manager etc. Thanks in advance! Kopfhörer geht beim Laptop nicht?
  7. usb headphones don't work

usb headphones don't work: hi. I have a pair of somic headphones model g941 . the headphones worked well until I recovered my computer and deleted all my files . Before resetting the audio device was shown like "speakers (G941) but now is shown like "speakers (Somic 7.1 Sound Effect Gaming...
  8. Headphones don't work 2018.08.14

Headphones don't work 2018.08.14: When I plug in headphones windows indicates new hardware connected. No icon for headphones indicated with other hardware recognized in Control Panel. All tests related to sound, sound card function, plus volume settings indicate that output sound is being produced. I have two...
  9. HeadPhones don't work

HeadPhones don't work: So last time I Disabled the head phones in the Sound>Playback device list and after that I couldn't see them on this list anymore (Even when checking Show Disabled Devices) I already tried Updating the Driver in Device Manager>Sound,Video and Game...
  10. Speakers don't work but headphones work

Speakers don't work but headphones work: I decided to update my audio drive so i went to the Lenovo website and installed the windows 10 (64 bit) driver, after restarting I noticed that there was no volume at all, i tried the Windows 8.1 driver and now only my headphones work. I also noticed in playback devices only...