Windows 10: Headphones dont work when elgato is plugged in.

Discus and support Headphones dont work when elgato is plugged in. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just recently got an elgato game capture and now that I have it, my headphones that are plugged into my computer don't work as an audio output... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jubreel, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Jubreel Win User

Headphones dont work when elgato is plugged in.

I just recently got an elgato game capture and now that I have it, my headphones that are plugged into my computer don't work as an audio output device. I've tried to disable the elgato sound capture in the sound settings but it didn't disable it. Please help.

:)

Jubreel, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Headphones Suddenly Dont Work!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the make and model of your computer and Headphones?

As an initial troubleshooting step I suggest you to unplug the Headphones restart your computer and plug in Headphones and check if that helps. Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers,
    sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. Follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this

troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

If issue persists follow next Method.

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 30, 2018
  4. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Headphones dont work when elgato is plugged in. - Similar Threads - Headphones dont elgato

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. My speakers and plug in headphones dont work

My speakers and plug in headphones dont work: i was updating my drivers and at some point it deactivated my sound now i cant hear anything with out bluetooth headphones on i have added a photo of what my sound icon looks like hope you van help me fix this....
  5. My speakers and plug in headphones dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers and plug in headphones dont work: i was updating my drivers and at some point it deactivated my sound now i cant hear anything with out bluetooth headphones on i have added a photo of what my sound icon looks like hope you van help me fix this....
  6. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  7. Headphones not working when plugged in

Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  8. Headphones not working when plugged in

9. Headphones doesn't work when plugged in

Headphones doesn't work when plugged in: Headphones doesn't work when plugged in. Need to insert the headphones when the laptop is off and then need start it. This detects the headphones. It is not possible to reboot the system whenever there is a need of a headphone....
  10. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my audio is going only through elgato sound capture

2. windows wont let me select my headset over elgato for audio output

3. elgato sound not playing through headset

4. pc wont let me select headphones only elgato,
  5. elgato sound capture driver for windows 10,
  6. elgato crashes when i select heaphones in sound capture,
  7. elgato computer sounds wont play sounds through headset,
  8. e;lgato wont let sound play through headhones,
  9. can only get game audio when headphones isnt plugged in elgato,
  10. elgato wont play sound with headset plugged in,
  11. elgato sound capture wont disable,