Windows 10: Headphones driving me crazy

Discus and support Headphones driving me crazy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, Just after I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed my headphones were making a weird noise whenever sound was playing, and then the sound sticking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tower, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Tower Win User

Headphones driving me crazy

Hey,
    Just after I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed my headphones were making a weird noise whenever sound was playing, and then the sound sticking around for about five seconds when the sound stopped playing.

Here's a sample: Headphone Beep

This was quieter and more manageable before I upgraded to Windows 10, but now it's louder than ever.

The headphones in question are a pair of Valore "gaming headphones" that I picked up in Singapore. They're USB headphones and show up as just "USB PnP Sound Device".

I can confirm this is not from the power source as I have tested it on my laptop with and without the cord attached and no difference. This also happens on my MacBook.

Another thing that happens is when playing Fallout 4, other fullscreen games and some windowed games, the sound seems to completely cut out after exactly five minutes. This happens every time and the sound just *cuts out*, no interference or nothing. This basically makes Fallout 4 unplayable as this is my only computer that can run it.

PLEASE HELP! *Huh

:)

Tower, Nov 29, 2015

2. N96 Music problem

yup, this is happening me to on V11.

Driving me crazy. I thought it was the headphones for ages and changed them a good few times but i just kept happening!

They better have this fixed in V12!

rodeire---01, Nov 29, 2015
  3. n96 is driving me crazy!

I'd would have loved that to have solved all my problems, but I've done the 4 fingers hard reset and its still not charging. The bars animate but the battery is just running down. Is there any way of going back to the earlier software version?

robinjewsbury, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Two things come to mind:
    • Can you install an updated headphone driver from the manufacturer's website?
    • Have you tried the other USB ports as sometimes a port can supply a noisy voltage signal?

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
  5. Tower Win User
    I've tried all the ports, some are louder than others, but the sound cutoff effect stays in place.

Valore USB 2.0 Gaming Headset (HS0003)
    Those are my headphones. Did you listen to the sound clip? It dosen't really sound like electromagnetic interference.
    No drivers on their site as far as I can see. I've done a lot of extensive searching.
    It mentions something about "vSound" but dosen't specify any drivers for it.

Tower, Nov 29, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    If I understood your first post it also happens on your MacBook so we can rule out a hardware problem on your Lenovo Z50-70 and probably also rule out software as your sound system will be different on both laptops. This leaves us with a faulty headphone. You did say that the sound was more manageable before, I wonder if Windows 10 sound settings are different and you have a different balance between say the system sounds and the speaker sounds. Open the volume mixer (right click on the speaker icon in the system tray) and see if this makes any difference.

The sound cut-off problem may or may not be related. Does this also happen for any games played on the MacBook when you are using the headphones?

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
  7. Tower Win User
    Opened the sound mixer. No difference.

BTW: I don't play games on my MacBook, but the headphones are basically unusable on my macbook as the noise is both deafening and the headphones are extremely sensitive to the volume control.

Tower, Nov 29, 2015
  8. philc43 Win User

Can you try with another set of headphones or borrow a pair from a friend?

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
  9. Tower Win User
    Tried with them. Normal (non-USB) headphones work flawlessly. My USB speakers work fine with no bugs.
    I've had this problem since I bought them, actually.

Tower, Nov 29, 2015
  10. Rocky Win User
    I don't want to sound cynical, but I think that you need to throw those headphones away and buy yourself a decent set of headphones.

Rocky, Nov 29, 2015
  11. Tower Win User
    I'd do that, but I'm kinda short of money and the headphones are almost brand new (but I'm not in Singapore any more, so I can't return them)
    The headphones have a little control box with a "mute" button, two "volume" buttons and a "mic on/off" button. Also a red and a green LED to show operation. Strangely, whenever I press the "mic off" button, the intermittent buzzing sound changes to an unchanging buzzing sound with no noise in between. The buzzing sound stays the same volume even if the volume is 1% or 100%.

Tower, Nov 30, 2015
  12. philc43 Win User
    I think everything you have said confirms the headphones are faulty. The electronics in the headphone may be controlling mic pickup and it is reacting to external noises. With the mic off the noise just stays the same. Whatever it is the noise should not be there.

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
  13. Tower Win User

It sounds like other headphone users have been having a similar problem to mine, under the name "high pitch headphone whine/screech". No fixes have been posted yet. I'll try physically disabling the mic, e.g temporarily removing the mic wires inside the control unit and I'll let you know if I find anything.

Tower, Nov 30, 2015
  14. That's interesting. I had the exact same sounding 'squeel/high pitched buzz' through my headphones(cheap) after the update to Windows 10, until I reset my Sound Blaster(Audigy) drivers, then it was mysteriously gone.

DaveGrant01, Nov 30, 2015
  15. Tower Win User
    How exactly would I reset my drivers for it? The drivers just show up as "Generic USB Sound Device"

Tower, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Headphones driving me crazy - Similar Threads - Headphones driving crazy

2. My KEYBOARD Is Driving me crazy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My KEYBOARD Is Driving me crazy.: About two month ago or so, my keyboard started acting crazy, it kept on throwing the letter P repeatedly. I went online and did everything i could find, this website or should i say community included, and it was still the thing. I had actually gave up then, then one day i...
  3. My KEYBOARD Is Driving me crazy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My KEYBOARD Is Driving me crazy.: About two month ago or so, my keyboard started acting crazy, it kept on throwing the letter P repeatedly. I went online and did everything i could find, this website or should i say community included, and it was still the thing. I had actually gave up then, then one day i...
  4. BSOD driving me crazy!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD driving me crazy!: Hi all, I keep getting random BSOD with - KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED which is super vague. This is on a fresh install of windows, both hard drives wiped, and only installing on a Sandisk SSD with Windows 10. It is an older computer that used to run windows 7, but the...
  5. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  6. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  7. Bsod driving me crazy !!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod driving me crazy !!!: DESKTOP-UUDJIR1-(2020-09-28_20-21-00).zip - Google Drive Win Ver. 2004( OS Build 19041.508) Any help will be trully appreciated !!! Ty. 165400
  8. FTP is driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP is driving me crazy: I'm facing a strange situation concerning FTP. The server accepts passive connections on port 21 and a username and password are required. 1. I can access the server using the FTP feature of Directory Opus with no apparent limitations. 2. I can connect to the server, but I...
  9. Driving me crazy!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Driving me crazy!!: May some one please help me, it's been quite a few years so bare with me. I have just bought a dell xps13 and I have a problem with my start menu, much user name and pic appear on the left side but in the middle. How can I move my name and pic to the top of the start menu??...
  10. Not Sandboxed driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Sandboxed driving me crazy: I installed AOL Gold and it seemed like it was gone. Now now only is it on AOL. but chrome, Facebook, etc. It is flashing more now than ever. If it is not sandboxed can I get it sandboxed? Can it be turned on or off? [img] 108883