Windows 10: Headphones, external speaker.

Discus and support Headphones, external speaker. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop that no longer recognizes when I plug in either headphones or an external speaker. These plug into a jack located on the side of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TerriPAL, Jun 26, 2022.

1. TerriPAL Win User

Headphones, external speaker.

I have a Dell laptop that no longer recognizes when I plug in either headphones or an external speaker. These plug into a jack located on the side of the laptop next to the USB port. The internal speakers work fine, but I CANNOT switch to headphones. I have already tried to update the driver. When that failed, I went back to the original driver but still no success. Can anyone help?

:)

TerriPAL, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Joe913 Win User

How to disable the internal speakers when connecting external speakers?

The instructions for connecting headphones/external speakers inplies that the internal speakers in my HP Envy 23-d260qd computer will be disabled when the headphones/external speakers are connected. This is not the case - both the speakers and the
    headphones work together, thus defeating the purpose of headphones. There seems to be some suggestion that this problem has been caused by an update to Windows10. I have been connecting of headphones or external speakers and would mechanically disabled the
    internal speakers as happens with molst audio equipment. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Joe913, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Headphones, external speaker. - Similar Threads - Headphones external speaker

2. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  3. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  4. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones, external speaker.

Headphones, external speaker.: I have a Dell laptop that no longer recognizes when I plug in either headphones or an external speaker. These plug into a jack located on the side of the laptop next to the USB port. The internal speakers work fine, but I CANNOT switch to headphones. I have already tried to...
  6. Headphones, external speaker.

Headphones, external speaker.: I have a Dell laptop that no longer recognizes when I plug in either headphones or an external speaker. These plug into a jack located on the side of the laptop next to the USB port. The internal speakers work fine, but I CANNOT switch to headphones. I have already tried to...
  7. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......: Dell laptop with its dock's headphone output connected to external speakers. Was working but now W10 doesn't display the headphone output as an option in sound settings. So audio only comes out of the laptop's speakers. How do I remind W10 that it needs to work properly?And...
  8. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......: Dell laptop with its dock's headphone output connected to external speakers. Was working but now W10 doesn't display the headphone output as an option in sound settings. So audio only comes out of the laptop's speakers. How do I remind W10 that it needs to work properly?And...
  9. W10 doesn't recognize external speakers / headphone output......

10. Static noise in external speakers connected to headphone jack.

Static noise in external speakers connected to headphone jack.: I purchased a new computer with Windows 10, version 1803 installed. When I connected my external speakers to the headphone jack, I get a constant static noise in my speakers. I notice that it starts about 5 seconds after I power up the computer during the boot up. It...