Windows 10: Headphones go to max volume after trying to adjust

Discus and support Headphones go to max volume after trying to adjust in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I connect my bluetooth headphones they will adopt the sound level of what my output was before (in this case the speaker of my monitor) but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BetterBeYourGun, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Headphones go to max volume after trying to adjust

When I connect my bluetooth headphones they will adopt the sound level of what my output was before (in this case the speaker of my monitor) but windows will say the sound level is actually max (for example windows says the headphones are at 100%, but they are actually at 50%). This changes when I try to adjust the volume. My hesdphones will jump to 100 if I try to adjust the volume (like with my keyboard). So if 50% is too loud, and I try to lower it, I will instead be met with my headphones trying to deafen me by jumping to max volume. Anyone know a fix for this?

submitted by /u/BetterBeYourGun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BetterBeYourGun, Jan 20, 2021
  2. awalt Win User

Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.

Hi,

Currently the only way that I can adjust the volume of my headphones is by using the buttons on the headphones or by adjusting the volume in the software that is playing the audio. When I use the volume keys on my keyboard or adjust the volume in the control
    panel, it shows me that the volume is increasing but the volume of the headphones does not increase at all. Does anyone know how to use the volume keys to adjust headphone volume?

I'm also not sure which topic this falls under in the given list so I am sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks.

Henry_Denny, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Xorph Win User

Headphones go to max volume after trying to adjust

Windows 10: Headphone Volume Wheel no longer adjusts volume

I just finished upgrading my desktop from Win7 to Win10, and am now having a problem with my headphones.

The headphones have a volume wheel on them that I can normally use to adjust the volume with as opposed to needing to adjust the slider in Volume Control. However, now that I've switched to Windows 10, the volume wheel no longer has any effect on applications'
    volume levels. Everything simply plays as though the wheel were turned all the way to max (though I can still turn them down via Volume Control, this is much less convenient).

I've tested them on my laptop that is still running Windows 7 and the volume wheel works fine there. Additionally, turning the wheel up or down while plugged into the desktop still adjusts the volume of the headphone's background white noise, which leads
    me to strongly believe that this issue is directly related to Windows 10.

The headphones are Turtle Beach PX21s. They connect via both a USB cord and a green audio jack. They function if only the USB cord is plugged in, but not if only the jack is plugged in, and to my memory the purpose of having both is so that the headphones
    can draw power from the usb port while sending the audio data via the audio jack.

If anyone knows of any fixes, or any additional information I can provide that might point out the issue, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Xorph, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Headphones go to max volume after trying to adjust

1. Headphones go to max volume after trying to adjust - Similar Threads - Headphones max volume

2. Volume at max after 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume at max after 22h2: Hi, After upgrade to 22h2, the sound volume is at max regardless of what I set it to. E.g. if I put it on 2, it still comes out as if it was on 100, for all types of sound. I have reinstalled the speakers and the drivers, but it is still only max volume coming out. What can I...
  3. Volume at max after 22h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume at max after 22h2: Hi, After upgrade to 22h2, the sound volume is at max regardless of what I set it to. E.g. if I put it on 2, it still comes out as if it was on 100, for all types of sound. I have reinstalled the speakers and the drivers, but it is still only max volume coming out. What can I...
  4. Auto microphone adjust to max

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto microphone adjust to max: I'm having this problem which whenever i open any game, my mic automatically boost it to 100. I'm using a blue yeti and it frustrates me so much that i have to adjust manually to 0. I have searched a lot of solution and it didn't work. For example: Dota 2 whenever the game...
  5. Volume icon will not go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume icon will not go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop: I have read the comments and the recommendations from the community regarding this particular problem however they are from several years ago and I just wondered if there was any more recent news that will indicate song changes or some additional measures that can be taken....
  6. Volume icon will go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop

Volume icon will go away after making volume adjustments on a Dell laptop: I have read the comments and the recommendations from the community regarding this particular problem however they are from several years ago and I just wondered if there was any more recent news that will indicate song changes or some additional measures that can be taken....
  7. Volume doesn't adjust and only goes from max to mute with no in between

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume doesn't adjust and only goes from max to mute with no in between: I recently just got a brand new pc running windows 10 and wanted to ensure that the audio was working fine so I play something random and the volume begins blasting out of my headphones that I had plugged in. I try to adjust the volume on my keyboard and the volume slider on...
  8. Volume doesn't adjust and only goes from max to mute with no in between

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume doesn't adjust and only goes from max to mute with no in between: I recently just got a brand new pc running windows 10 and wanted to ensure that the audio was working fine so I play something random and the volume begins blasting out of my headphones that I had plugged in. I try to adjust the volume on my keyboard and the volume slider on...
  9. Volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c
  10. Adjusting headphone volume

Adjusting headphone volume: I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the...