Windows 10: headphones have decided not to work

Discus and support headphones have decided not to work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so my headphones work perfectly well when plugged into other things but when i plug them into my laptop they dont work, and its weird because it turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NukulerNicky, Jul 18, 2020.

1. headphones have decided not to work

so my headphones work perfectly well when plugged into other things but when i plug them into my laptop they dont work, and its weird because it turns down the volume of the speakers when i plug them in so i know the computer knows that somethings there. so i thought it was a windows problem so im coming here, please help

submitted by /u/NukulerNicky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NukulerNicky, Jul 18, 2020

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jul 18, 2020
  4. caperjack Win User

headphones have decided not to work

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

headphones have decided not to work

1. headphones have decided not to work - Similar Threads - headphones decided

2. headphones stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones stopped working after last update: Head phones stopped working after last MS Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-stopped-working-after-last-update/0d34d892-46bb-435f-826a-5d7b6f147d92
  3. headphones stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones stopped working after last update: Head phones stopped working after last MS Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-stopped-working-after-last-update/0d34d892-46bb-435f-826a-5d7b6f147d92
  4. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  5. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  6. Headphones not working after a power out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working after a power out: My headphones apparently stopped working after a 3 hour long power out, it was working before it and it only happend to stop working after it. I tried doing all of the solutions that google or the troubleshoot videos has given me, and none of them happen to work....
  7. Headphones not working after a power out

Headphones not working after a power out: My headphones apparently stopped working after a 3 hour long power out, it was working before it and it only happend to stop working after it. I tried doing all of the solutions that google or the troubleshoot videos has given me, and none of them happen to work....
  8. Help me change my sample rate of my bluetooth headphones .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me change my sample rate of my bluetooth headphones .: I have realme earbuds 5 pro , previously my bluetooth headphones supported Studio quality sample rate i.e. 24bit 96000hz Studio Quality. But now its not even supporting DVD quality sample rate i.e 16bit 48000hz DVD Quality. Please help.I changed my registry by using commands...
  9. Help me change my sample rate of my bluetooth headphones .

Help me change my sample rate of my bluetooth headphones .: I have realme earbuds 5 pro , previously my bluetooth headphones supported Studio quality sample rate i.e. 24bit 96000hz Studio Quality. But now its not even supporting DVD quality sample rate i.e 16bit 48000hz DVD Quality. Please help.I changed my registry by using commands...
  10. Headphones not detected on windows 11 inspirion 15

Headphones not detected on windows 11 inspirion 15: A couple of months ago, I used to get a popup every time I plugged my headphones into my laptop from dell audio. I clicked "do not show this dialog box again" and my laptop now only randomly decides to detect my headphones. I have tried a few solutions, to which none worked....