Windows 10: headphones have decided not to work

Discus and support headphones have decided not to work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so my headphones work perfectly well when plugged into other things but when i plug them into my laptop they dont work, and its weird because it turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NukulerNicky, Jul 18, 2020.

1. headphones have decided not to work

so my headphones work perfectly well when plugged into other things but when i plug them into my laptop they dont work, and its weird because it turns down the volume of the speakers when i plug them in so i know the computer knows that somethings there. so i thought it was a windows problem so im coming here, please help

submitted by /u/NukulerNicky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NukulerNicky, Jul 18, 2020

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jul 18, 2020
  4. caperjack Win User

headphones have decided not to work

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

headphones have decided not to work

1. headphones have decided not to work - Similar Threads - headphones decided

2. All of a sudden my Zenbook flip won't recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of a sudden my Zenbook flip won't recognize headphones: I've tried different headphones, aux cords, speakers, etc but it won't recognize anything thats plugged in and will only use its own speakers. Google searches have been unsuccessful. Any ideas? Thank you! Edit: Bluetooth can connect but no audio comes through with...
  3. Headphones working on one side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones working on one side: Hello, My headphones are only working on the left side but my speakers work fine. I can barely hear anything out of the right side of the headphones. None of the other discussions on this topic have helped me so far. The headphones use a 3.5mm jack and work normally on...
  4. Use headphone button through adapter

Use headphone button through adapter: The built-in 3.5 mm audio jack on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15 doesn't work, and my local Dell store won't change it till Covid-19 lockdowns in my city end. So I bought a USB-to-aux converter, branded as a "sound card", and my headset's microphone and speakers work just fine...
  5. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output: Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones and built-in Surface Laptop speakers. If I have sound playing and no headphones plugged in, the sound will continue to play...
  6. I cannot connect Bluetooth headphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot connect Bluetooth headphone: I connected my Bluetooth headphones via USB adapter.Currently when clicking on "connect", I get a message "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again...
  7. Headphones no longer play Audio

Headphones no longer play Audio: Suddenly today, without a single hardware/software change, when I opened my laptop and plugged in my headphones to start work, the audio no longer played through them. There was no abrupt damage to the 3.5mm plug on my laptop nor on the headphones; they worked fine earlier...
  8. Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not working, Realtek oddities, otherwise audio fine: submitted by /u/BreakingGood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i771e7/headphones_not_working_realtek_oddities_otherwise/
  9. bluetooth headphones

bluetooth headphones: when i connect my bluetooth headphones to my pc i use a driver csr 4.0 after 1 minute or so the headphones disconnect i go to my settings and it says paired and gives me the option to connect this started as soon as i started using my bluetooth driver i use jbl tune500bt...
  10. Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device

Sony WH-H910N h.ear headphones not recognised as an Audio Device: Hi, I recently purchased some WH-H910N h.ear bluetooth headphones. I would like to connect them to my HP PC running Windows 10. I can pair the headphones, but they are not recognised as an Audio Device. My MDR-XB70BT ear buds are recognised as an Audio device, but not my...