Windows 10: Headphones/Headset are not detected by laptop even when I plugged-in

Discus and support Headphones/Headset are not detected by laptop even when I plugged-in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I recently updated my DELL Vostro 3590 to the latest version of windows Sep 2020 update including all drivers, From then my headphones are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sai_upendra, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Headphones/Headset are not detected by laptop even when I plugged-in

Hi

I recently updated my DELL Vostro 3590 to the latest version of windows Sep 2020 update including all drivers, From then my headphones are not getting detected by the laptop.

Contacted DELL technical support and no hardware problem found

Tried with different sets of headphones but no luck

uninstalled and reinstalled all the audio drivers but didn't work

Any solutions please let me know

Thanks in advance

:)

sai_upendra, Sep 30, 2020

2. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Not Detecting Headset Mic

Greetings all! I have a Dell Inspiron 1500 Gaming Laptop with Windows 10. I recently bought a Razer Kraken headset so that I could have a better microphone than the internal one. However, when I plug the headset in, it begins sending audio out as normal.
    But, when I try to use the microphone on it, windows doesn't notice the microphone. When I plug this same headset into an old macbook I have, it detects it just fine. I have tried many troubleshooting steps from other forum posts and nothing gets windows to
    detect the microphone. I have also had people tell me I need to plug the headset into 2 ports, audio in and audio out. So I got an adapter that lets me plug 2 3.5mm headphone jacks into 1 headphone jack and that didn't work either. I don't have an actual "audio
    in" jack(aka I only have 1 headphone jack), but any other computer I try works just fine with just 1 jack.

KaiHampleman, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Headphones/Headset are not detected by laptop even when I plugged-in

audio driver detecting headset as headphones

after update of audio driver my laptop detecting headset as headphones

vijjuvijay, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Headphones/Headset are not detected by laptop even when I plugged-in

1. Headphones/Headset are not detected by laptop even when I plugged-in - Similar Threads - Headphones Headset are

2. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.: I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 laptop and the problem is that whenever I plug in my headphones they are not registering as being plugged in. At the moment right now, in the sound control panel thing, the Headphones say they are ready, but the my headphones are not even plugged in....
  3. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.: I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 laptop and the problem is that whenever I plug in my headphones they are not registering as being plugged in. At the moment right now, in the sound control panel thing, the Headphones say they are ready, but the my headphones are not even plugged in....
  4. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  6. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  7. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Headphones are detected, but microphone isn't, even though it's plugged in.

Headphones are detected, but microphone isn't, even though it's plugged in.: In my laptop, I use headphones that also have a microphone. But, I have recently realised that when plugging in said headphones, the only thing that changes is audio output from the laptop's speakers, to my headphones. Audio input the micrphone, stays to system default and...
  9. Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.: If I plug my microphone directly into my pc, and I select mic in, Windows 10 detects it and it works fine. If I plug in my headset into my pc, and select headphone, windows 10 detects my headset but not my microphone when I connect it to the headset. It says “no input device...
  10. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...