Windows 10: Headphones input not recognized

Discus and support Headphones input not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i have Razer headphones that work fine. They have a mic too but windows won't recognize it as an input. So i can't use the mic on it. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by evilniekerk, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Headphones input not recognized

So i have Razer headphones that work fine. They have a mic too but windows won't recognize it as an input. So i can't use the mic on it. I've tried restarting my computer, rerolling a driver, uninstalling a driver and troubleshooting but nothing works

:)

evilniekerk, Jun 4, 2021

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 4, 2021
  3. AhriChan Win User
    Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Thanks for the Reply!,

So i tried the Troubleshooting option, but sadly it didnt help, it still was Quiet and the Headphones are still listed as 'Speakers' in the Sound Options, Screenshot:

Headphones input not recognized 83a5f9fe-bd83-4816-9bc0-aa31420d0faf.jpg

So i tried to do the Realtek Steps,

I opened the Realtek HD Audio Manager, then right clicked on the Green Jack (where my headphones are connected) but nothing happens.. I can double click and right click on it all-day, but nothing happens, nor any options open.

Headphones input not recognized 32e85868-94aa-4adb-a49f-9a020808e256.jpg

AhriChan, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Headphones input not recognized

Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Headphones input not recognized

1. Headphones input not recognized - Similar Threads - Headphones input recognized

2. headphones not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones not recognized: Headphones are not recognized by realtek audio drivers. Tried everything from reinstalling drivers but didnot work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-recognized/d1ebd282-496f-4838-9826-70aeb64db65c
  3. headphones not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones not recognized: Headphones are not recognized by realtek audio drivers. Tried everything from reinstalling drivers but didnot work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-recognized/d1ebd282-496f-4838-9826-70aeb64db65c
  4. Headphone input not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone input not working: My microphone input doesnt work no matter what, i use microphones from headsets and earbuds, none of them work, not even the computer's built in mic. The only time my microphone works is in settings where it shows the amount of audio being inputted, can someone help?...
  5. Headphone input not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone input not working: My microphone input doesnt work no matter what, i use microphones from headsets and earbuds, none of them work, not even the computer's built in mic. The only time my microphone works is in settings where it shows the amount of audio being inputted, can someone help?...
  6. Headphone input not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Headphone Input Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphone Input Issue: Having an issue with my headphones on Windows 10. When I connect my airpods everyhing is sweet and working well. However when I use a plug in jack headset the laptop (dell xps 13) is not detecting it. I thought maybe its the headset so I tried multiple but none are working....
  8. Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones: I have a computer with windows on it, and for some reason, one night my computer would no longer recognize my mic on my headphones when I plugged it in. I have tried rolling back drivers but that has not worked. I know the mic works because I have been able to use it on my...
  9. Sound devices not recognizing headphone input

Sound devices not recognizing headphone input: I put my earbuds into the jack and they aren't recognized by Windows. If I boot my computer up with them in, they work. But take them out, and they won't work until next time my PC is turned off and on. Why, and what can I do to solve the problem?...
  10. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924