Windows 10: Headphones lopsided after putting headphones down?

Discus and support Headphones lopsided after putting headphones down? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was on a discord call with some friends and I put down my headset. When I picked it back up the left side was louder than the right. I plugged the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spezza_125, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Headphones lopsided after putting headphones down?

I was on a discord call with some friends and I put down my headset. When I picked it back up the left side was louder than the right. I plugged the headset into my phone and the audio was fine. I leveled out the audio to fix it. And it worked but than it happened again

submitted by /u/spezza_125
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spezza_125, Jul 10, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Headphones lopsided after putting headphones down?

Unable to access headphones after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Clayton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to access the headphones after upgrading to Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Is this issue specific only to the headphones?
    • Is your headphones working fine on other devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the headphones?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the headphones is set to playback device.

Follow the below:

• Connect the headphones to your device.
    • Right click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    • Click on Playback devices.
    • Check if you are able to find the headphone in the list of connected playback devices.
    • If yes, click on the icon and then click on Set default option.
    • Click on Apply and then on OK.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly reply back to us with the detailed description of this issue, we will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Headphones lopsided after putting headphones down?

1. Headphones lopsided after putting headphones down? - Similar Threads - Headphones lopsided putting

2. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  3. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  4. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphones keep stopping to put out sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones keep stopping to put out sound: I use a Acer Nitro 5 Laptop with Windows 11.I've been using the same pair of Bluetooth headphones to watch stuff on Youtube for several months now... completely free of problems. Out of nowhere, I've suddenly run into a problem where the headphones completely stop putting out...
  6. Headphones keep stopping to put out sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones keep stopping to put out sound: I use a Acer Nitro 5 Laptop with Windows 11.I've been using the same pair of Bluetooth headphones to watch stuff on Youtube for several months now... completely free of problems. Out of nowhere, I've suddenly run into a problem where the headphones completely stop putting out...
  7. wifi speed slowing down after connecting bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi speed slowing down after connecting bluetooth headphones: helloi have a dell laptop which i bought in 2018from the past few days whenever i connect my bluetooth headphones my wifi speed slows down and ping goes higher my normal speed is:- 50mbps and 10 ms pingbut after connecting bluetooth headphones it goes 5 mbps and 100 ms...
  8. Headphones work only after restarting with headphones plugged in

Headphones work only after restarting with headphones plugged in: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version v6.0.8838.1 A09 which is the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the...
  9. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have a Dell G3 2019 laptop running Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver the latest. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  10. Headphone Jack doesnt detect headphones after a reset.

Headphone Jack doesnt detect headphones after a reset.: Hi, so i did a reset of my pc (the basic one under recovery, just deleted all the files) and after the reset my headphones stopped being detected by the laptop. Whenever i put them in i get the usual popup asking me what type of device this is and the usual headphone option...