Windows 10: Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

Discus and support Headphones master volume slider not doing anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; At first Windows 10 suddenly stopped recognizing headphones. So I ran the troubleshooter, updated the drivers, the headphones work fine. Except they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alessandro Laera, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

At first Windows 10 suddenly stopped recognizing headphones. So I ran the troubleshooter, updated the drivers, the headphones work fine. Except they don't - despite my best efforts, the master volume slider of the headphones doesn't work, if I turn it all the way down or up the volume stays the same and I can only adjust using in-app sliders e.g. Youtube, Spotify.... I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, ran again the troubleshooter, restarted the pc multiple times, checked updates, no results. This is a screenshot of the drivers of the headphone device from the manager.

:)

Alessandro Laera, Jan 5, 2023
  2. 12100 Win User

Volume Slider not working with headphones

When I use my wireless headphones with my PC (with a bluetooth dongle), the volume is stuck at 66, and moving the volume slider does nothing except for when I mute the volume. I've been using my headphones for 6 months but this problem just started happening
    today.

12100, Jan 5, 2023
  3. any way to override the master volume control?

My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue.

Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume.

I tried a usb audio controller and even channelling the sound through bluetooth but the volume control of these are also controlled by the master volume control.

Any suggestions or tricks (aprt from a repair)?

Thanks

perfection, Jan 5, 2023
  4. awalt Win User

Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

Adjusting headphone volume

I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the speakers and adjust them, and they are set as default. But it seems to me that in past versions (I came from Windows 7) when headphones were plugged in, the audio slider in task bar adjusted them - when headphones were not plugged in, it adjusted speaker volume.

Do I have to go into Control Panel every time I want to tweak headphone volume? What am I missing?

awalt, Jan 5, 2023
Thema:

Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

1. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything - Similar Threads - Headphones master volume

2. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones master volume slider not doing anything: At first Windows 10 suddenly stopped recognizing headphones. So I ran the troubleshooter, updated the drivers, the headphones work fine. Except they don't - despite my best efforts, the master volume slider of the headphones doesn't work, if I turn it all the way down or up...
  3. Headphones master volume slider not doing anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones master volume slider not doing anything: At first Windows 10 suddenly stopped recognizing headphones. So I ran the troubleshooter, updated the drivers, the headphones work fine. Except they don't - despite my best efforts, the master volume slider of the headphones doesn't work, if I turn it all the way down or up...
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  5. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  6. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Master Volume

Master Volume: When I am on a Zoom or SKYPE session the volume of the sound even when turned up to 100% is not high enough to hear the other person properly. How can I increase it beyond 100%? Thank you, Dave Barlow...
  8. Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!

Master volume slider doesn't affect volume?!: Hi, Taskbar or keyboard controls for volume slider does not work for controlling audio. I always have to open volume mixer and tune specific app volume to control volume. I'm on Windows 10 but i had this problem on Windows 7 too. For my audio i'm using USB-audio running to...
  9. Volume Slider not working with headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Slider not working with headphones: When I use my wireless headphones with my PC (with a bluetooth dongle), the volume is stuck at 66, and moving the volume slider does nothing except for when I mute the volume. I've been using my headphones for 6 months but this problem just started happening today....
  10. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...