Windows 10: Headphones microphone is not being used.

Discus and support Headphones microphone is not being used. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had selected for my computer to "not ask again" by accident to not use the microphone and I want for my computer to have the option of using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ConnerTurner, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Headphones microphone is not being used.

I had selected for my computer to "not ask again" by accident to not use the microphone and I want for my computer to have the option of using the headphones microphone. I don't see it pop up when I plug it in anymore and I have looked up various ways to undo this but only to be disappointed. I have windows 10 and the headphones are Turtle Beach XOFOUR's.

:)

ConnerTurner, Dec 30, 2019
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Headphones microphone is not being used. [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to use Microphone

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to use the Microphone of the Headset to talk to people. It would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to use the Microphone?
    • What is the make and model of the headphone?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

However, let me help you with the steps to setup the Microphone. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10

You can also try making the Microphone as the default device. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Now, click on Recordings tab.
    4. Now, right click on the Microphone and select
      Set as Default device. Do the same in Playback and
      Recording tab.
    5. Click on OK, and check if the Microphone is working.

For additional information, see
    Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 30, 2019
  4. AliseReid Win User

Headphones microphone is not being used.

Headphones, microphone issue.

The device is the default and I have updated the drivers. They say they are up to date. I'll answer your questions below.

• Are you getting any error message?
      • No error messages.
    • When did the issue start? It started last month sometime.
      • It goes in and out of doing what I want it to.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
      • No changes were made.
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
      • Yes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you d so far?
      • I have tried updating drivers, setting defaults, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, changing headphones, turning off the microphone, changing the settings in Realtek Manager.

I've tried a lot of stuff without any luck. I'm not sure what the issue is.

AliseReid, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Headphones microphone is not being used.

1. Headphones microphone is not being used. - Similar Threads - Headphones microphone being

2. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  3. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  4. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc: At first the whole headset wasn't being detected but I disabled and enabled the drivers and now the output is detected but not the input. I can't be on zoom classes because it doesn't detect the microphone on my headphones. I tried turning on all microphone access to apps but...
  6. Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc: At first the whole headset wasn't being detected but I disabled and enabled the drivers and now the output is detected but not the input. I can't be on zoom classes because it doesn't detect the microphone on my headphones. I tried turning on all microphone access to apps but...
  7. Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker

Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker: Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new mic LC Studio. It's brand new, so I don't think there's an issue with the mic itself. But whenever I try to connect it to my laptop, it recognizes the mic as a speaker or a pair of headphones. [ATTACH] I've been looking all over my...
  8. Microphone being recognized as headphones

Microphone being recognized as headphones: I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the...
  9. Headphones Microphone Not Being Acknowledged By Computer

Headphones Microphone Not Being Acknowledged By Computer: Hello! As you can see by the title, my microphone doesn't appear in anything (device manager, microphone setup, etc....). I have tried looking up solutions, but I have found none that are able to help me. Here is some information: Laptop: New XPS 2 in 1 Headphones: Beats...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...