Windows 10: Headphones microphone not detected

Discus and support Headphones microphone not detected in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sergO3, Jun 4, 2020.

1. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Headphones microphone not detected [​IMG]

ed.

:)

sergO3, Jun 4, 2020

2. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Jun 4, 2020
  3. ZoofyZoof Win User
    Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I have the Astro A10 Headphones, which come with a microphone.

I have done a couple things to try and find the microphone, but it does not show up anywhere, as if the headphones don't have a microphone at all.

I've tried looking in the Recording tab of Sound on the volume mixer (I clicked on Show Disabled/Disconnected devices).

I've also tried looking in Device Manager under Audio Inputs and outputs.

These headphones are in perfect working condition but the microphone on them is not detected at all. In fact, I've had this problem across all headphones that have a built-in microphone. They are never, ever, detected anywhere, on the system.

Please help... My laptop's built in microphone is good, but it picks up the sound of my keyboard and mouse, as well as generally everything, too loudly.

It would be much better to use my headphone's microphone.

ZoofyZoof, Jun 4, 2020
  4. DylanVo Win User

Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows
    it doesn't even show up. I really do not wish to go back to mac OS because of how slow it is. Help?

DylanVo, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Headphones microphone not detected - Similar Threads - Headphones microphone detected

2. Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone is not being detected by pc: At first the whole headset wasn't being detected but I disabled and enabled the drivers and now the output is detected but not the input. I can't be on zoom classes because it doesn't detect the microphone on my headphones. I tried turning on all microphone access to apps but...
  3. problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone: my dell inspiron_3593 is not detecting earphone. I don't listen any sound on any earphone and headphones. Can you suggest me any drivers to install or any idea to fix it out. Thank you....
  4. Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker: Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new mic LC Studio. It's brand new, so I don't think there's an issue with the mic itself. But whenever I try to connect it to my laptop, it recognizes the mic as a speaker or a pair of headphones. [ATTACH] I've been looking all over my...
  5. Bluetooth headphone microphone not detected

Bluetooth headphone microphone not detected: hello! i have recently seen a lot of problems regarding headset mics not working, so in this discussion, I will cover Bluetooth headphones and what worked for me first of all, check in settings, system, mic, and please make sure that your mic is turned on and apps are...
  6. Microphone detected as Headphones problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected as Headphones problem: Hello everyone, sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I'm having problems on my laptop. I have a hp spectre x360 and now that I moved city bc of uni I brough my headphones/microphone with me from my main pc. Since this laptop is an ultrabook it only has a...
  7. Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected

Headphone And Microphone Jack Not getting Detected: My PC Specs Sony Vaio E sereis Windows 10 2004 Model - SVE1513cynb 3GB RAM Audio Chipset - Maybe Realtek When using Microsoft HD Audio Driver both Jack don't get detected But when I use Realtek HD Audio Driver Headphone Jack gets detected but when I put in headphone...
  8. PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected

PLZ HELP .... Headphones and microphone not detected: New PC built: - Windows 10 version 2004 - Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 2600 - Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - Monitor: Samsung UE590 Problem: My PC only detects my monitor as an audio device. It doesn't show my headset or microphone as and audio device...
  9. Headphones microphone not detected

Headphones microphone not detected: Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3 [img] [img] [img] [img] ed....
  10. Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?: Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows it doesn't even...