Windows 10: Headphones need permanent background noise

Discus and support Headphones need permanent background noise in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Hello, I have a rather odd issue with a good set of headphones. When listening to a playlist of music on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ivangoabby, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Headphones need permanent background noise

Windows 10
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Hello, I have a rather odd issue with a good set of headphones.
    When listening to a playlist of music on, say, YouTube, my headphones will cut-out the first second of sound. This is because the speakers on these headphones turn off when it is silent, but takes a second to turn on and gradually raise the volume of the sound playing.
    The solution for me has been to play a background sound very, very quietly, that the headphones will no longer have silence it will stutter on. However, it is very impractical to set-up each time.

How can I automatically and permanently play a very quiet background sound on this Windows 10 PC, preferably only when these headphones are connected if that is also possible?

:)

ivangoabby, Mar 15, 2020
  2. jeran170 Win User

E90 - Headphones - background noise

Hi all,

I got the following strange problem...

When listening to music with the music player (or radio) with the headset delivered by Nokia the sound is clear. No background noise, just the music. Volume is fine too.

If using my own headphones with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter things are getting weird. The music is played two or three times louder. Even on 10% of the volume it is too loud. Additional, there is some kind of background noise. It seems, that the enhancement profile
    for the headphones is some kind misconfigured to have a too high default volume setting.

Anyone got the same troubles? Any solutions? Ideas?

Regards,

Jeran

jeran170, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Background noise through headphones

There is significant background noise when listening to audio through my headphones with the Samsung Focus. It's most noticeable when hearing the keyboard sounds or during a quiet part of a song. What can I do about this?

Running firmware post NoDo update.

UWbadgers16, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Headphones need permanent background noise

Software to separate noise from the human voice or song

For audio, you could try Audacity. You can select a sample period where there is just the noise you want to remove, then filter that from the audio.

Noise Reduction - Audacity Manual

Thema:

Headphones need permanent background noise

1. Headphones need permanent background noise - Similar Threads - Headphones need permanent

2. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud Static noise from headphone jack: Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop. I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying...
  3. headphone noise

headphone noise: Hi ! When I plug in my headphone jack to my pc it starts to make noises or something like beep beep beeeeeep beeep ... beep beeep and its annoying. I have tried it with lots of headphones and its again like that. I "disabled all sound effect" but it didn't fix. I had...
  4. White noise/static from headphones and speakers

White noise/static from headphones and speakers: I'm using Lenovo 80VF, but whenever I plug in my headphones and try to play music or videos I can hear an annoying, faint hissing sounds that seems like static in the background. I've tried using different headphones, but the same things keeps happening. It doesn't make any...
  5. Headphone jack producing static noise.

Headphone jack producing static noise.: I have a Acer TravelMate B117 that I have been having audio issues with. My speakers work fine (they were acting up so I restarted my laptop and this is when the troubles started to occur, also wasn't even picking up that there was anything plugged in before restart), but...
  6. Buzzing Noise in Headphones after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buzzing Noise in Headphones after updating Windows: After I updated my laptop's Windows 10 to version 1803, a buzzing noise started coming from anything plugged into my headphone jack. My laptop's internal speakers seem to be fine. Please help....
  7. Bluetooth headphones making scratchy noises

Bluetooth headphones making scratchy noises: Hello, I have been connecting my xpert headphones to my Asus laptop but I keep getting scratchy sounds. What should I do to get clear sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-making-scratchy-noises/5b3ab3cc-24a7-466b-a5b4-91c683feccdc
  8. Background apps are they needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background apps are they needed: Have an Asus transformer T100taf that is having battery problems. After a full charge and doing a shutdown, the battery is drained overnight. Battery usage info does not show a problem with the biggest user being the screen.(turns off with shutdown) After chasing this problem...
  9. Weird buzzing noise in headphones and speakers while in games

Weird buzzing noise in headphones and speakers while in games: So I'm on the same setup I have always been... Nothing was changed. On Windows 7 I had no problem, on 8.1 it started and now on W10 I still can't get rid of it. Anytime I'm in game, no matter what game, I get this weird buzzing/humming/screeching noise that won't stop. It...
  10. Background noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Background noise: Hi, gang, here's my new problem. I'm getting what sounds like background music from my speakers even when I'm not online. I tried the troubleshooter on the sound, but it didn't help. any ideas what needs to be done? 42191