Windows 10: Headphones no longer work

Discus and support Headphones no longer work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After an up date my headphones will no longer work. It does not matter if I plug them into the speakers that do work or the headphone jack on the front... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OrvillePepper, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Headphones no longer work

After an up date my headphones will no longer work. It does not matter if I plug them into the speakers that do work or the headphone jack on the front panel. When I restarted my computer to see if that would help, it came on with auto repair message and reset my computer last night. It deleted programs from my machine. So are you telling me I can not run Open Office? AVG anti virus? I am not allowed to use headphones on my machine now? Are you going to send someone out to my house to set up my machine as the administrator? You guys seem bound and determined to dictate what I can and cannot do with my machine. Oh yeah, it uninstalled Google Chrome. I AM NOT GOING TO USE YOUR BROWSER, EITHER IE OR EDGE AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME. STOP FARTING AROUND WITH MY MACHINE! Any ideas on how to fix this? And no, I don't want to wade through pages and pages of FAQ crap. You idiots farted up my machine. WTH?

:)

OrvillePepper, Jan 5, 2019

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jan 5, 2019
  4. caperjack Win User

Headphones no longer work

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Headphones no longer work

1. Headphones no longer work - Similar Threads - Headphones longer

2. After blue screen due top disconnecting headphones, the computer no longer plays audio nor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After blue screen due top disconnecting headphones, the computer no longer plays audio nor...: Using the troubleshoot tool does nothing and says that it cant fix the problem. the drivers are also updated except for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Extension - 31.0.21024.6002 due to this error: Install error - 0x80070103...
  3. After blue screen due top disconnecting headphones, the computer no longer plays audio nor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After blue screen due top disconnecting headphones, the computer no longer plays audio nor...: Using the troubleshoot tool does nothing and says that it cant fix the problem. the drivers are also updated except for Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Extension - 31.0.21024.6002 due to this error: Install error - 0x80070103...
  4. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  5. USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.

USB-C headphones work on regular usb port, but no longer work on USB C port.: The USB C port charges my headphones, but will not detect them, even though they were working a little bit ago.The headphones are detected using a regular USB cable to USB-C.Here's some steps I've tried to troubleshoot:Update windowsUninstall drivers with yellow exclamation...
  6. Why are my wired headphones no longer showing up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my wired headphones no longer showing up?: I have a lenovo Ideapad 3, with some hyper x wired headphones plugged in. I've had them for probably a year now with no issues. But last night my computed didn't show the microphone in settings system > audio > input devices. Then after looking at it a little bit and...
  7. Why are my wired headphones no longer showing up?

Why are my wired headphones no longer showing up?: I have a lenovo Ideapad 3, with some hyper x wired headphones plugged in. I've had them for probably a year now with no issues. But last night my computed didn't show the microphone in settings system > audio > input devices. Then after looking at it a little bit and...
  8. Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...: I dont know how well to describe this, Ive had this problem since last night. Anyway all of sudden my external and wired headphones Turtle Beach Earforce X12 which I have used perfectly fine they are also pretty newish suddenly stopped working properly. Now sound DOES come...
  9. Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...

Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...: I dont know how well to describe this, Ive had this problem since last night. Anyway all of sudden my external and wired headphones Turtle Beach Earforce X12 which I have used perfectly fine they are also pretty newish suddenly stopped working properly. Now sound DOES come...
  10. Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware