Windows 10: Headphones not being connected

Discus and support Headphones not being connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, so i'm running on Windows 10, and whenever I plug my headphones into the headphone jack, (I don't use usb headphones), It plays as a "speaker" even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hambling Gaming, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Headphones not being connected

Ok, so i'm running on Windows 10, and whenever I plug my headphones into the headphone jack, (I don't use usb headphones), It plays as a "speaker" even though I don't have a speaker. It shows that it's a speaker on the volume slider, and it's not my headphones, as I tested it with other headphones. There is no error message popping up, but the sounds are way too loud when playing. Also sliding the volume up or down does nothing, and it stays the same insanely loud volume, whether at 1 or 100. I have no clue what could be wrong with it. If anyone has any idea on how to fix it, that would be very valuable. Thank you for your time.

:)

Hambling Gaming, Nov 23, 2019

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

Headphones not being connected

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Headphones not being connected

1. Headphones not being connected - Similar Threads - Headphones being connected

2. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  3. Headphones not connecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not connecting: When I connect my headphones in my windows 10 system, it asks to connect? If I give ok, it is not connecting.. The audio is not played in my headphone now. In the sound setting it is also not showing the connect device. What should I do now...
  4. Headphones being weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones being weird: Whenever I connect my bluetooth headphones to my computer they randomly disconnect after about 10 minutes of using them, and whenever I disconnect them and try to connect them again, it says that it's unable to connect the device when it's turned on and in range. I've tried...
  5. headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    headphones not being detected: I have a problem with my headphones where they are plugged into my pc, but they don't get detected. Sometimes it will work, but only for a few minutes before they disappear and audio starts playing out of my speakers. When I try to go back to change the output device, my...
  6. Headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not being detected: I've recently had a problem with my new headphones' midrange sounding really unclear. Apparently, it's a common flaw in cheaper headphones. So I went ahead and ordered myself a new pair of headphones (it's on the way rn) But I noticed something before that, my headphones...
  7. Headphones not being detected

Headphones not being detected: I am on a Windows 10 and my headphones were working perfectly fine yesterday but today it stopped working and I can only use speakers, I've tried fixing it and going through tutorials like going to Device Manager and other things but the device wasn't even there which is why...
  8. Headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not being detected: I'm kind of at my wits end with this problem. I tried several different computers, several different headphones, different combinations of headphones on computers, but all they have in common is that they run Windows 10. In all of these scenarios, when I plug my headphones...
  9. Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized

Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized: Hello, After resolving an issue a while back with my audio driver being broken (now fixed) I find that my computer's sound still has an odd behavior, where it comes to my headphones. When I plug the headphones in, sound still comes out of my PC. No prompt appears about the...
  10. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: So i have my headphones pluged in at the front. The sound comes out of headphones but headphones get recognized as speakers. People in skype or teamspeak can hear everything i lisen to or my game sounds like i woud be playing with speakers i dont how to fix plz help....