Windows 10: headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input

Discus and support headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so just today i got a new pc and everything. i was just sorting out some stuff when i noticed that even when i had my headphones plugged in, audio was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shamshamswagger, Aug 21, 2021.

1. headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input

so just today i got a new pc and everything. i was just sorting out some stuff when i noticed that even when i had my headphones plugged in, audio was still coming out of some speakers. and the weird thing is, the headphones only work when put into the input without the mic symbol on it if that makes any sense at all. they worked perfectly on my laptop so i’m very confused to as why they’re not working now

:)

shamshamswagger, Aug 21, 2021
  2. Sigurd Win User

Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Aug 21, 2021
  3. Aman Win User
    Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

4. Allan Mej Win User

headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input

How to use Logitech H51 headphone as the default mic?

Hi Michael,

Your laptop's default mic is the currently enabled device, preventing you from using your headphone's mic. To use your headphone's mic, you need to enable it. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• On the Sound properties (the current open windows of the screenshot that you gave), go to Recordings.
    • Right-click your headphone's mic.
    • Click Enable.

If you couldn't find your headphone's mic on the list, it must be hidden. To unhide it, right-click on your currently enabled mic and click
    Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Allan Mej, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input

1. headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input - Similar Threads - headphones being recognised

2. Headphone mic not being recognised by windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic not being recognised by windows 11: I am using CCA CRA iem's on my windows 11 system plugged into a combo headphone jack on my laptop. The iem's mic works perfectly on other devices. The audio works fine its just the mic not being recognised...
  3. Headphone mic not being recognised by windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone mic not being recognised by windows 11: I am using CCA CRA iem's on my windows 11 system plugged into a combo headphone jack on my laptop. The iem's mic works perfectly on other devices. The audio works fine its just the mic not being recognised...
  4. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  5. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  6. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  7. Headset/Headphone mic not being detected

Headset/Headphone mic not being detected: Hi, I have had this problem for a while: When I plug in my headphone my laptop never detects it as a headphone in fact, doesn't detect it at all, but the sound works just fine, and the mic does not. I've tried using two different functional headphones but both have the same...
  8. External mic being recognized as headphones

External mic being recognized as headphones: Hi, my external mic is constantly being recognized as headphones. I have tried updating my audio drivers, even reinstalling them but nothing seems to work. I currently use RealtekR Audio and I have this problem. I tried downloading Realtek HD Audio but when I did my...
  9. Mic and Headphone input are broken

Mic and Headphone input are broken: Whenever I try to enable my headphone or microphone it automatically disables itself. I don't know what updated but when it did all this started happening....
  10. Help with headphone mic not being detected?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with headphone mic not being detected?: So I have Sennheiser HD 598 CS headphones that I use with my win10 pc. Back in Feb, I accidentally broke my headphone cable and bought a replacement. I didn't try to use the headset on my computer again until around July. While trying to join a work meeting, I realized the...