Windows 10: Headphones not being shown when plugged in

Discus and support Headphones not being shown when plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug in my headphones (I tried USB and the jack) my PC doesn't say anything. The headphones light up indicating that they're being powered. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ConnerWilburn, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Headphones not being shown when plugged in

When I plug in my headphones (I tried USB and the jack) my PC doesn't say anything. The headphones light up indicating that they're being powered. I've also tried other headphones and they do not work. Anything else other than audio outputs works when plugged in. And when I go to my devices and drivers and stuff, they don't show up. The PC just doesn't realize that they're plugged in. Please help.

:)

ConnerWilburn, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Nov 24, 2019
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Nov 24, 2019
  4. caperjack Win User

Headphones not being shown when plugged in

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Headphones not being shown when plugged in

1. Headphones not being shown when plugged in - Similar Threads - Headphones being shown

2. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  3. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  4. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  5. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  6. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

7. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: My headphone jack wont detect any headphones being plugged into it. Ive tried my headphones on other computers so i know these work. When i plug them in i get Line In Realtek audio coming up as an input device but the headphones wont show up in output devices. Please...
  8. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  9. realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in

realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in: I have a dell laptop and after a windows 10 update, realtek is not detecting my headphones when plugged in. Before, I would receive a notification saying that a device was plugged in. Now nothing is showing up and no sound is coming from the headphones; only from the speakers...
  10. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphones plugged in not shown