Windows 10: Headphones not changing Volume

Discus and support Headphones not changing Volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows laptop just updated to the Windows 10 May Update (1903). After the update, as soon as I plugged in my earbuds into the headphone jack, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yoko9fond, May 28, 2019.

1. yoko9fond Win User

Headphones not changing Volume

My Windows laptop just updated to the Windows 10 May Update (1903). After the update, as soon as I plugged in my earbuds into the headphone jack, the volume goes straight to 100, no matter what volume is shown on the actual volume slider. Changing the volume doesn't do anything, the volume is still at max level. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

yoko9fond, May 28, 2019

2. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 28, 2019
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, May 28, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Headphones not changing Volume - Similar Threads - Headphones changing Volume

2. Headphones change volume/audio mode by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones change volume/audio mode by itself: Hi,I have a problem with Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset.If there is no sound being played currently no music/video/system sound they keep changing the volume/quality of audio by themselves.In one instance the quality is nice, and the volume spinner on the headphones is...
  3. Headphones change volume/audio mode by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones change volume/audio mode by itself: Hi,I have a problem with Microsoft Modern Wireless Headset.If there is no sound being played currently no music/video/system sound they keep changing the volume/quality of audio by themselves.In one instance the quality is nice, and the volume spinner on the headphones is...
  4. Headphones change volume/audio mode by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones Volume not changing with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones Volume not changing with Windows 11: Ever since updating to Windows 11, my computer volume will not change while using my bluetooth headphones. The number will change when I try to increase or decrease the volume, but the actual loudness will not change. It also defaults to 100 on the volume slider, even though...
  6. Headphones Volume not changing with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones Volume not changing with Windows 11: Ever since updating to Windows 11, my computer volume will not change while using my bluetooth headphones. The number will change when I try to increase or decrease the volume, but the actual loudness will not change. It also defaults to 100 on the volume slider, even though...
  7. With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why

With headphone volume is good without headphone volume is low why: Windows 10 ,21 H2 JapaneseAcer Inspire E5-576I noticed when I use headphone the volume seems very reasonable but, when I use laptop without headphone I got to increase volume I wonder why?Does that mean I need to install something in the Windows or else OR it is normal...
  8. Can't change headphone volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change headphone volume: I just got a new computer with Windows 10 on it, and I can't change the volume for headphones. It worked fine on my previous computer with Windows 7. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Volume with headphones

Volume with headphones: With headphones plugged in, my volume stays at a constant 37 even when attempting to increase the volume. How do I increase the volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-with-headphones/c92bb397-4b5f-4e0e-935a-76eac624fa3f
  10. Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.: I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphjone volume not changins

2. jbl headphones not changing vloume