Windows 10: Headphones not connecting

Discus and support Headphones not connecting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My headphones were working fine for a long time.Until just recently.I had downloaded a voice changer called Clownfish, and when downloading it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VISHWAK LAKSHETTY, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Headphones not connecting

My headphones were working fine for a long time.Until just recently.I had downloaded a voice changer called Clownfish, and when downloading it, it asked me whether it could use the current headphones that were connected to my laptop. I accepted.Just a while later, when I decided Clownfish was useless, I uninstalled the app. After that, my mic option says it can't find a headphone. My Bluetooth devices show that the headphone is present, but is unable to connect, saying,"That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again."I do not know how to make my headpho

:)

VISHWAK LAKSHETTY, Jun 30, 2022

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 30, 2022
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jun 30, 2022
  4. Ivy Mun Win User

Headphones not connecting

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Headphones not connecting

1. Headphones not connecting - Similar Threads - Headphones connecting

2. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  3. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  4. Wireless headphones can't connect or appear on my windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headphones can't connect or appear on my windows 11 laptop: My wireless headphones aren't able to connect to my windows 11 laptop. Other devices such as my phone appear. Is there a way i can solve this?...
  5. Wireless headphones can't connect or appear on my windows 11 laptop

Wireless headphones can't connect or appear on my windows 11 laptop: My wireless headphones aren't able to connect to my windows 11 laptop. Other devices such as my phone appear. Is there a way i can solve this?...
  6. my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update: problem started now it also happened before . i want to fix this . it says that didn't work make sure the Bluetooth device is still discoverable .. and it is discoverable...
  7. my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update

my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update: problem started now it also happened before . i want to fix this . it says that didn't work make sure the Bluetooth device is still discoverable .. and it is discoverable...
  8. my Bluetooth headphones doesn't connect after wireless Bluetooth update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My left speakers wont play audio when connected to headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My left speakers wont play audio when connected to headphones: Please help,The problem isn't because of my balancing because I tried. I checked for sound driver updates and nothing.NOTE: Both sides work perfectly when headphones are not connected, it's not because of my headphones because it works fine on my phone and it's not because of...
  10. My left speakers wont play audio when connected to headphones

My left speakers wont play audio when connected to headphones: Please help,The problem isn't because of my balancing because I tried. I checked for sound driver updates and nothing.NOTE: Both sides work perfectly when headphones are not connected, it's not because of my headphones because it works fine on my phone and it's not because of...