Windows 10: Headphones not detecting on audio drivers.

Discus and support Headphones not detecting on audio drivers. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I just bought this XW1 headset from Amazon with a dual port splitter and my headset will not detect. I had to run the drivers and see what was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alex Kolasa, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Headphones not detecting on audio drivers.

Hello! I just bought this XW1 headset from Amazon with a dual port splitter and my headset will not detect. I had to run the drivers and see what was wrong but my audio drivers say it's running.I went through the steps of device manager, manually inputting into the high detect audio device and it lets me use the microphone afterwards but the quality is poor and out of use. It won't detect my headset at the XW1 like it's suppose to instead just as a headset connected. I'm wondering what I can do to fix this. Help?Processor: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-11400H @ 2.70GHz 2.69 GHzGigabyte compu

:)

Alex Kolasa, Jun 23, 2024

2. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 23, 2024
  3. audio driver detecting headset as headphones

after update of audio driver my laptop detecting headset as headphones

vijjuvijay, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Headphones not detecting on audio drivers.

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Headphones not detecting on audio drivers.

1. Headphones not detecting on audio drivers. - Similar Threads - Headphones detecting audio

2. Headphones Detected but not playing audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones Detected but not playing audio.: About a month ago I bought the SteelSeries Arctis Nova 1 wired headset. Worked fine up until 3 days ago when I woke up they stopped working. I know it's not a problem with the headset since I tried to plug in my old headset and same issue happened. When I run an audio test it...
  3. Headphones Detected but not playing audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones Detected but not playing audio.: About a month ago I bought the SteelSeries Arctis Nova 1 wired headset. Worked fine up until 3 days ago when I woke up they stopped working. I know it's not a problem with the headset since I tried to plug in my old headset and same issue happened. When I run an audio test it...
  4. Headphones not detecting on audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not detecting on audio drivers.: Hello! I just bought this XW1 headset from Amazon with a dual port splitter and my headset will not detect. I had to run the drivers and see what was wrong but my audio drivers say it's running.I went through the steps of device manager, manually inputting into the high...
  5. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  6. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  7. Realtek Audio Console not detecting headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Console not detecting headphones: I have been using an Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G Laptop for a couple of years now and have constantly been annoyed by Realtek Audio Console. On many occasions the connector retasking menu just doesn't work as shown in the image and I can't use my headphones even if they are...
  8. Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones are not detected as audio device: Hi,I am trying to connect my JBL LIVE PRO + headphones with my Lenovo T470s laptop Windows 10 via bluetooth. I have updated the bluetooth drivers, but the headphones are still not detected as an audio device.They show only as another computer or mobile phone. Here is a...
  9. audio driver detecting headset as headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio driver detecting headset as headphones: after update of audio driver my laptop detecting headset as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver-detecting-headset-as-headphones/c9ea0d96-6470-42a6-9003-53afcd09c7ad
  10. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...