Windows 10: Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10

Discus and support Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, As of recent I am unable to control the volume of headphones I plug in- they remain at 100% volume no matter where I put the slider. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JKay5phD, Jan 27, 2020.

1. JKay5phD Win User

Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10

Hi,

As of recent I am unable to control the volume of headphones I plug in- they remain at 100% volume no matter where I put the slider. I've tried updating the audio driver, reinstalling the audio driver, disabling audio enhancements, and nothing is working. The external laptop speakers still are able to be controlled fine, it's just headphones that are the issue. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

JKay5phD, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Lower headphone sound, Windows 10

That wouldn't solve the issue of headphones over headsets, but even with my Logitech headset this didn't help. Troubleshooting found no issue.

I've loved Windows, and have no idea why I'm just having this issues with headphones and headsets. It's loud for a second then something lowers the volume and I have no idea whats causing it. :/

Thanks for the suggestion Abdul, even though I'm having the same problem.

JerradMarsan, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10

The right headphone randomly lowers the volume

This issue showed up suddenly while I was listening to the music.

I tested it using a stereo tester audiocheck.net and it got better.

But unfortunately just for a while, then the volume of the right headphone got lower again

LanceJeschke, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10

1. Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headphones lowering volume

2. Volume on windows 10 keeps lowering bij 90%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on windows 10 keeps lowering bij 90%: I use my PC for work and calls. And each time I get a call through windows phone link, it lowers the volume of everything else. This is extremely irritating as I manually have to drag it back up each time.Before you recommend me to set the settings on "Do nothing" in sound...
  3. Volume on windows 10 keeps lowering bij 90%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume on windows 10 keeps lowering bij 90%: I use my PC for work and calls. And each time I get a call through windows phone link, it lowers the volume of everything else. This is extremely irritating as I manually have to drag it back up each time.Before you recommend me to set the settings on "Do nothing" in sound...
  4. Volume lowers by itself.

Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  5. Windows 10 Volume Lowers Itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Volume Lowers Itself: This has happened three times in the last few hours. I've been listening to music on itunes, when the volume will gradually mute itself. It's as though I'm holding down the lower volume button on my keyboard but I'm not. I have a usb keyboard, so I move it out of the way to...
  6. Microphone lowering volume

Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  7. Windows 10 volume lowering problems?

Windows 10 volume lowering problems?: Hi MS Community, I've been having trouble for a while now with services (specifically Spotify Web Player and Youtube) lowering their volume automatically for some reason. I can't seem to figure out why. I always run these websites on Google Chrome, so this may be a Chrome...
  8. The right headphone randomly lowers the volume

The right headphone randomly lowers the volume: This issue showed up suddenly while I was listening to the music. I tested it using a stereo tester audiocheck.net and it got better. But unfortunately just for a while, then the volume of the right headphone got lower again...
  9. My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.: Suddenly, a few hours ago, for some reason my left headphone's volume was lowered. Since I wasn't sure if it was my impression or the headphone actually not working properly I used a stereo tester: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php and, after I used it...
  10. Volume automatically lowering continously on Windows 10 Laptop.

Volume automatically lowering continously on Windows 10 Laptop.: The Volume box displays constantly on screen and its constantly reducing volume so its always zero. Check the screenshot below. Please help. [ATTACH]...