Windows 10: Headphones not playing stereo sound

Discus and support Headphones not playing stereo sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, recently my headphones broke and I bought a pair of headphones (JBL Live 650btnc) and when I am playing games like csgo, rainbow six siege etc it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Madnxss, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Madnxss Win User

Headphones not playing stereo sound

Hi, recently my headphones broke and I bought a pair of headphones (JBL Live 650btnc) and when I am playing games like csgo, rainbow six siege etc it doesn't have left and right stereo and combines it into one channel. I have done research and I can't seem to find anything to fix it, some people said mono audio can be a big part but I turned it off in my settings and it was never the issue. View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWJaFD6R2s&t=39s
    videos like this, the left stereo works but not the right and it can become quite annoying when I am playing. I was thinking it could be the cable I am using. The cable I am using is a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable between my headphones to my computer. When I use Bluetooth on these headphones, it works fine and correctly distinguishes the right and left stereo without combining it. When I go onto my laptop and I use the cable, it does the same thing on my pc, but when I use bluetooth on my laptop it is fine. So if it is a cable problem, could someone potentially give me an idea of what sort of cable I would need to fix it.

I am hoping someone could help me with this as it could save me $100 as I won't need to buy another pair of headphones. I thought it had something to do with my pc as it only happens on my pc.

Thankyou,

:)

Madnxss, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Problem getting stereo sound from headphones

I have an HP laptop, and my sound card is (displayed using PCIutils for Windows):

Code:
    Code:
    Intel Corporation 7 Series / C210 Series
    and I am finding difficulties in getting stereo sound from analogical headphones (plugged in with 3.5mm jack). Drivers downloaded from HP or Realtex do not work, drivers supplied by Windows (although they are Realtek drivers as well) sometimes work, I mean: speakers and headphones are shown together at the mixer, and sound from headphones is not stereo. I then go to device manager, audio input and output, and uninstall "Speakers/Headphones". I then reboot with my headphones plugged in, and, after that, the sound is stereo, and (IIRC) the mixer distinguishes between headphones and speakers.

But then things get broken back soon: one time, the windows updated the sound driver, and no stereo sound again. I uninstalled the device, rebooted, and stereo back. Then I unplugged the headphones, and windows said that no speakers were found: I restarted the audio device, speakers were found again, but stereo broken again *Mad

I think that debugging this looks tricky but, do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Guest1, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Speaker and Headphones still playing sound

Hello Brandon,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

Make sure your headphones aren't plugged into the line out (headphone) jack of your sound card or computer (unless you want to be listening with headphones rather than speakers). When you plug in headphones, most computers automatically
    cut the sound to the speakers. Ensure the headphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack. Plug in the headphone and see if the same shows up in Device Manager.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.
    • Typetroubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings,
    your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would also suggest to download and install the latest soundcard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

How to download and install drivers,
    please follow the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/all-drivers

Note: A driver is software that a device uses to work with your PC. Every device needs a driver to work with your PC. So, in many cases, you can plug in a device, and it’ll work
    automatically.

Windows can also download device software and info. This might include an app that the device manufacturer created to go with your device or info like the product name, manufacturer, and model number, to help you distinguish between
    similar devices.

Drivers are updated occasionally. Windows can update them automatically, or you can install the updated drivers yourself. Windows notifies you if it detects a suspicious or unsafe driver you shouldn't install.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.
    • Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".
    • Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".
    • Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue persists, please follow method 4

Method 4:

I would suggest you to refer to the steps in the article given below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will help you identify and fix common sound problems in Windows, including no sound coming from your speakers or headphones.

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Guest2, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

headphone and stereo not working on Windows 10 Dell xps 13 computer

When I try to play music or listen to some sort of sound, both my headphones and stereo will not play sound. I have gone to the control panel, gotten to sound, and then gone to playback. It does not display any sort of headphones in the playback section.
    But it does display Speakers (even though the speakers do not seem to be working). What can I do to get the headphones to be displayed and present and overall, how can I get sound to play through headphones and stereo option?

Guest3, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Headphones not playing stereo sound - Similar Threads - Headphones playing stereo

2. New Bose bluetooth headphones not playing in stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Bose bluetooth headphones not playing in stereo: I have a pair of Bose NC-700 bluetooth headphones which do not play in stereo when connected to my PC but do play in stereo when connected to my smart phone. I contacted Bose and worked with them to resolve the problem but they determined the issue is with Windows and said I...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo: I have a pair of Bose NC 700 headphones. They work in stereo when connected to my iPhone but when connected to my PC, they only play in mono. I previously had a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones which worked in stereo on my PC. When I check it in Bluetooth & Devices, it...
  4. Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones not Playing in Stereo: I have a pair of Bose NC 700 headphones. They work in stereo when connected to my iPhone but when connected to my PC, they only play in mono. I previously had a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones which worked in stereo on my PC. When I check it in Bluetooth & Devices, it...
  5. Headphones not playing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones not playing sound: So i plugged in my new headphones into the audio jack and the audio is not working. I am using a dell 2in1 Chromebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-playing-sound/1b2259f0-3526-4e71-928d-48f0e13edbbc
  6. Headphones not playing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not playing sound: So i plugged in my new headphones into the audio jack and the audio is not working. I am using a dell 2in1 Chromebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-playing-sound/1b2259f0-3526-4e71-928d-48f0e13edbbc
  7. Headphones not playing sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Stereo Bluetooth Headphones do not reproduce stereo sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Bluetooth Headphones do not reproduce stereo sound: Hi, I recently bought a P47 Wireless headphones and they are supposed to be stereo, but they are combining both channels and reproducing only mono sound. I have been searching on the internet a lot and I am not able to find any solution to this problem. I already tried to...
  9. Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?: My "Stereo Mix" doesn't appear to have any sound coming through it. I enabled it in my sound devices, set its level to 100, but I'm not able to listen/record to any of my system sounds through it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/goose_ws [link] [comments]...
  10. Problem with sound to stereo headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with sound to stereo headphones: Have two 100% identical computers... A-The Windows simulated quadrophonic and 7.1 sound test works fine B- Thesound only appears in the left and right ear, two speakers only, clicking on the others gives a wave symbol on the screen, but nothing through the headset Having...