Windows 10: Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available

Discus and support Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am configuring some audio settings for my laptop and noticed there was an option for spatial sound, however this option in the device properties says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brandon Shek, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available

I am configuring some audio settings for my laptop and noticed there was an option for spatial sound, however this option in the device properties says "Not available on this device".

I know Windows Sonic is for headphones but my laptop doesn't seem to recognise headphones are plugged in either, or it does not display it as a separate play back device.

Volume for audio can be controlled by the Speakers "Realtek High Definition Audio" option for speakers and for headphones when plugged in, and does adjust when headphones are plugged in 50% when using speakers then changes to 20% when headphones are plugged in.

I've ran through Device Manager and checked for updates on the audio drivers and they have stated they are up to date. Checked manufacturers website and audio driver versions match. so they are up to date.

I am not sure if it is because I am using an older machine ASUS ROG G751, or if there is another reason of why this doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Brandon Shek, Jan 23, 2021

2. Windows Sonic doesn't work in applications unless realtek is set to 7.1, which disables windows sonic.

Hi Dorklingshot,

I would like to know what device you were trying to work with Windows Sonic. If you're trying to set up Windows Sonic for Headphones, then follow these steps:

1. Connect your headphones to your computer.
    2. Once done, right-click on the Speaker icon on the system tray, and select
      Spatial sound. If you have a drop-down option, then select
      Windows Sonic for Headphones
      . If you don't, then proceed with the next step.
    3. On the Speaker Properties window, click the Spatial sound.
    4. Under Spatial sound format, click the drop-down arrow, and select Windows Sonic for Headphones.
    5. Tick the box for Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound.
    6. Click Apply, then OK.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Byu2 Win User

Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available

dolby atmos for headphones vs windows sonic

I just found out dolby atom for headphone become available and was excited then after install it says cost $15. I thought it was free as a new feature. Now it is not free.

is it limited to specific videos? I have to pay for each videos then?

what is difference between windows sonic and dolby atom? how much is windows sonic and where is app for it and how to install?

Thema:

Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available

1. Headphones not recognised and no Windows Sonic available - Similar Threads - Headphones recognised Sonic

2. How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Disable Windows Sonic for Headphones?: Now, if I don't want spacial audio, that's easy. The issue is that I DO want spacial audio. I just want to be able to use DTS and NOT Windows Sonic. For some stupid reason though Windows randomly chooses to override my selection, and set it to Windows Sonic. Which I don't...
  3. Virtual Surround vs Windows Sonic for Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Surround vs Windows Sonic for Headphones: In the Windows 10 Speaker Properties section under Enhancements and Spatial Sound, what's the difference between the old Virtual Surround and Windows Sonic for Headphones? Would there be any benefit in having them both enabled or should it be either one or the other and...
  4. Delete/Uninstall Windows Sonic for Headphones completely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete/Uninstall Windows Sonic for Headphones completely: So I have been using Dolby Access for spatial sounds... but sometimes, it just changes back to Windows Sonic for some reason. Is there anyway to delete, disable or remove it? I can work around with stuff in registry if I need to....
  5. Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones

Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones: Windows 10 keeps reverting headphones to windows sonic for headphones, even tho i never turned on windows sonic for headphones it keeps overriding settings from dolby atmos to windows sonic everywhere i look there no solution at all im ready to bash my skull against wall...
  6. Windows Sonic for Headphones help

Windows Sonic for Headphones help: [ATTACH] I need to tick a box on the configuration page of my speakers but it doesn't show. In particular, I need to enable a box that says "Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" but it there isn't. here is the screenshot. Now there my interface is in Italian but you can...
  7. Sonic Headphones For Windows/Spartial Sound Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sonic Headphones For Windows/Spartial Sound Not Working: Is it because of my computer specs? Because i tried every solution possible and i cant seem to click itit is grey out and when i go to properties and try to select it from a dropdown list, it auto reverts back to “off” the moment i click it...
  8. Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out;

Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out;: Wanted to share how my issue resolved after doing Marc Cai Microsoft Support Agent's adviced on how to enable back the Windows Sonic For Headphones Greyed Out Issue. Been struggling with this issue. And at last! It's been resolved. It works for me.. I hope this will help.....
  9. Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth not recognising headphones: Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic. Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone. Therefore all hardware works. However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom...
  10. Windows Sonic for Headphones in Windows 1809

Windows Sonic for Headphones in Windows 1809: Hi all, does anyone know if the implementation was changed/upgraded in the latest 1809 build? My reason for asking is that I've been using it with my Kingston Hyper-X headphones, and I find the positional audio great in games. The game I use it most in is War Thunder where it...