Windows 10: Headphones not recognized after win reinstall

Discus and support Headphones not recognized after win reinstall in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using win 10 pro 64-bit. I have a TV that i use instead of a monitor, via HDMI from my graphics card, and the sound plays on it, don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Prcofix, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Prcofix Win User

Headphones not recognized after win reinstall

Hello,

I'm using win 10 pro 64-bit.

I have a TV that i use instead of a monitor, via HDMI from my graphics card, and the sound plays on it, don't have speakers. And i have headphones that are connected to the PC.

I was always alternating between those two for sound trough "playback devices" and selecting which one should play the sound.

Yesterday i did a re-install of my OS and since then i can't get my headphones to appear in the "playback devices".

The headphones work, i checked them.

Tried every sound driver i could find for my motherboard, nothing...

Motherboard is: ECS h81h3-m4

Thank you for any advice!

:)

Prcofix, Feb 22, 2018
  2. Kaz0n Win User

Wrong driver for headset gets installed via Windows Update

Thank you for your response.

I tried creating an additional account, but it still shows up as Lync Audio Device. I have uninstalled and allowed Windows to reinstall the drivers (after a reboot) on both accounts and it still doesn't recognize Logitech. Using the headphones on a different
    computer leads to the same result. I've tried various USB drives (someone's suggestion), but the all recognize the headphones...just incorrectly.

Thanks for the help and I'm open for any other ideas!

KP

Kaz0n, Feb 22, 2018
  3. Bluetooth headphones will not show up in bluetooth devices

Things about my laptop:

Windows 10 updated as of 06/07/2017

GS70-2OD msi laptop

intel 7620 wireless chipset

Bluetooth headphones: JVC HA-F250BT

Steps taken:

updated windows, reinstalled bluetooth drivers, restarted system.

Issue: Windows bluetooth will not recognize headphones.

Other laptops and phones will recognize and pair up to headphones.

Thank you for looking into this Headphones not recognized after win reinstall :)

DevanCouch21, Feb 22, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

I would suspect the correct sound driver(s) were not installed. Check the Device Manager for which sound drivers you have. If it only shows "High Definition Audio" then the correct sound drivers were not installed.

fireberd, Feb 22, 2018
  5. Prcofix Win User
    Thanks for the input.
    But how do I determine what the correct driver would be?
    I installed the ones that are on ECS site for my motherboard and OS.
    Thank you

Prcofix, Feb 22, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Here's what the manufacturer's specifications say about the audio:

Headphones not recognized after win reinstall [​IMG]

You should run Piriform Speccy (free) to check which audio chipset you have, then post it here. We'll help you suss out workable drivers. BTW, Fireberd is an audio ace (and a practicing audio professional who uses Win10 in his recording studio): you're in good hands here.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 22, 2018
  7. Prcofix Win User
    Ok, done the speccy.
    Here is what i got. summary and audio.

Prcofix, Feb 22, 2018
  8. Prcofix Win User

I just did Realtek driver install. It went trough with no error, restarted PC but still no change, i can't find realtek anywhere in the device manager, still says only Hugh definition audio device and the NVIDIA ones, which do the TV.

What could cause the driver to not "stick" to the system?

Prcofix, Feb 22, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    What do you see in Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers? Here's what I get with the right RealTek set-up:

If yours is showing High Definition Audio there, try right-clicking and then selecting "Update driver" from the pop-up menu.
    Hope we can get you squared away!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 22, 2018
  10. Prcofix Win User
    Yeah I do see high definition audio instead of realtek. Done the update, selected the folder with the downloaded realtek driver but it just responds with best driver already installed.
    Maybe the driver is faulty, where beside the ECS website could I find appropriate realtek driver to try?

Thank you.

Prcofix, Feb 22, 2018
  11. EdTittel Win User
    You can always force installation of the driver you downloaded by using the "Have disk" technique in the update windows. I'll assume you know how to do this, but in case you don't, here are some instructions: Have-Disk method for Windows 7 / Vista - Frequently Asked Questions - LaptopVideo2Go Forums (this still works in Win10 more or less unchanged). As for the best driver for your RealTek chipset ... goes off to look ...

Here's a RealTek link from their Taiwanese website: Realtek
    The latest ALC622-compatible driver from French driver collector site Station-Drivers (what I'd try first, if I were you): Windows 7/8/8.1/10 20xx Server

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 22, 2018
  12. Prcofix Win User
    Thank you, the have disk technique managed to install it. Now i have realtek instead of high definition in the device manager but with the little yellow triangle. When i open details it says: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

So, i have a new problem on my hands...

Prcofix, Feb 22, 2018
  13. EdTittel Win User

Try the Station-Drivers driver using the update and browse my PC options. It may work. If it doesn't post again here and we'll provide additional suggestions. @fireberd: I'm running out of ideas. Can you suggest something else for the OP to try, please?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 22, 2018
  14. Prcofix Win User
    Thank you for trying so much, but still no result.
    I tried instaling with have-disk, updating via folder selection, installing trough the executable in the driver... all that with multiple drivers from station-drivers, ECS and realtek website...
    All that's happening is either it reverts to "high definition audio device" or it is "realtek high definition audio device" with the error: This device cannot start. (Code 10){Operation Failed}The requested operation was unsuccessful.

So, if anyone got another idea, i'll try anything... the headphones port to work is very important to me as i'm most of the time on headphones, turning the sound to TV only when watching a movie *Smile

Don't know if it's any help, but the microphone insertet next to the headphones work normally when it's at "high definition audio device" but doesn't show up when realtek with the error is there...

Prcofix, Feb 22, 2018
  15. fireberd Win User
    Install/reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers. If the chipset drivers were not installed, devices on the motherboard may not be recognized or mis identified. Code 10 also indicates incorrect device driver, but install the chipset drivers, restart the PC and see if that changes anything.

I've used the driver on the Realtek site many times, without problems on compatible Realtek sound devices.
    Realtek

fireberd, Feb 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Headphones not recognized after win reinstall - Similar Threads - Headphones recognized reinstall

2. headphones not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones not recognized: Headphones are not recognized by realtek audio drivers. Tried everything from reinstalling drivers but didnot work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-recognized/d1ebd282-496f-4838-9826-70aeb64db65c
  3. headphones not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones not recognized: Headphones are not recognized by realtek audio drivers. Tried everything from reinstalling drivers but didnot work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-recognized/d1ebd282-496f-4838-9826-70aeb64db65c
  4. Realtek only recognizes headphones after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek only recognizes headphones after restart: Greetings, I recently upgraded to windows 11 and then after trying it I just went back to windows 10 after that when I turn in the pc, plug in my headphones realtek wont detect it the only temporary soloution is to plug in the headphones and then restart then randomly it...
  5. Realtek only recognizes headphones after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek only recognizes headphones after restart: Greetings, I recently upgraded to windows 11 and then after trying it I just went back to windows 10 after that when I turn in the pc, plug in my headphones realtek wont detect it the only temporary soloution is to plug in the headphones and then restart then randomly it...
  6. Realtek only recognizes headphones after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Reinstall headphones

Reinstall headphones: Trying to fix an issue with my headphones as no sound would play through them and watching a youtube video ive uninstalled them how do i reinstall ive checked device manager and it isnt there...
  8. Reinstall software after Win 10 reinstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstall software after Win 10 reinstall: I just purchased a blue ray player from the Microsoft store and had to reinstall windows 10. I was able to reinstall my 2019 Outlook that I just purchased but it does not show me how to reinstall my blue ray player. What do I have to do about this? I have searched all over...
  9. Reinstalling Headphones

Reinstalling Headphones: I accidentally uninstalled my SkullCandy headphones when trying to find out why they weren't working properly. How do I reinstall them? And why did they stop working properly after I installed Windows 10 on my computer? Thank you!...
  10. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to find a compatible srs audio device for pc windows 10 ecs h81h3-m4