Windows 10: Headphones not recognized on my Dell Laptop with Windows 10

Discus and support Headphones not recognized on my Dell Laptop with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Laptop, Inspiron, with Windows 10. For some reason, over the last few months, my laptop won't recognize my earbuds. It continues to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gapeach13rn, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Headphones not recognized on my Dell Laptop with Windows 10

I have a Dell Laptop, Inspiron, with Windows 10. For some reason, over the last few months, my laptop won't recognize my earbuds. It continues to play sound over the laptop itself, instead of into the earbuds. I've update the software, I've tried to troubleshoot, etc. I have a similar smaller Dell Laptop for my bedroom, and the headphones work fine on that computer. Any suggestions? I hate it when a feature just stops working all of a sudden.

:)

gapeach13rn, Feb 13, 2021

2. Unable To Connect Boase Headphones To ASUS Laptop.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the model number of the Bose headphone?
    2. How are you trying to connect the headphones to the laptop?
    3. What is the model number of your ASUS laptop?
    4. Are you using a wired or a wireless Bose headphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Connecting To A Computer
    and try connecting your headphones to the laptop.

If you are still facing issues connecting the headphones to the laptop, I suggest you to elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Headphones not recognized

My Dell laptop running windows 10 has suddenly stopped recognizing any type of headphone, earbuds or the like I have tried everything I read online including updating and installing all my divers This has not worked I don't know what to do now I need my
    headphones for work HELP!

CarolLeskiw, Feb 13, 2021
  4. LSN05 Win User

Headphones not recognized on my Dell Laptop with Windows 10

Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Headphones not recognized on my Dell Laptop with Windows 10

1. Headphones not recognized on my Dell Laptop with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Headphones recognized Dell

2. My Dell laptop can't recognize when i plug in headphones into the headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop can't recognize when i plug in headphones into the headphone jack: The lower right section to control audio, internet, brightness, etc. doesn't work at all and I can't get my audio to play out of anything other than the laptop speakers. How can I fix this? I updated the audio drivers and everything but it's all glitched out. Like when I move...
  3. My Dell laptop can't recognize when i plug in headphones into the headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell laptop can't recognize when i plug in headphones into the headphone jack: The lower right section to control audio, internet, brightness, etc. doesn't work at all and I can't get my audio to play out of anything other than the laptop speakers. How can I fix this? I updated the audio drivers and everything but it's all glitched out. Like when I move...
  4. My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone: A year ago I updated windows to windows 11 and my headset with the mic was working fine until an update that made my sound flat while I was playing a game after the game I restarted my laptop and it didn't fix the issue. I searched online and found a fix to download the audio...
  5. My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone

My Laptop Recognizes my Headset as a Headphone: A year ago I updated windows to windows 11 and my headset with the mic was working fine until an update that made my sound flat while I was playing a game after the game I restarted my laptop and it didn't fix the issue. I searched online and found a fix to download the audio...
  6. Laptop not recognizing headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not recognizing headphones: My laptop (windows 10) is not recognizing any headphones I plug into it. I tried it with multiple USB ports, I checked and it works fine on other devices, I updated the audio driver to no avail, I looked up how to fix it online, none of the options worked. Also, one of the...
  7. Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic

Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic: My laptop wont recognize my headphone mic i had a cable with just 2 lines first so that was the problem but i bought a new headphone with 3 rings and it still wont even show that i have it plugged in. i have tried trouble shooting and it tells me i have not plugged it in, my...
  8. Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop wont recognize my headphone mic: My laptop wont recognize my headphone mic i had a cable with just 2 lines first so that was the problem but i bought a new headphone with 3 rings and it still wont even show that i have it plugged in i have tried trouble shooting and it tells me i have not plugged it in my...
  9. My laptop won't recognize any headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop won't recognize any headphones.: One time, it used to work and I went afk, came back, and it suddenly doesn't work. Whenever I try connecting the headphones into the laptop, my computer just doesn't know that I connected them. When I go to sounds where you would see Speakers, they're not there. I have tried...
  10. My laptop is not recognizing my headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop is not recognizing my headphones: Hello, so the story starts that today 25th December, I was using my headphones for music when they suddenly stopped. I tried to check with another headphone and that headphone was also not working. I checked the drivers and it seems that my headphone driver just uninstalled...