Windows 10: Headphones not recognized when plugged in

Discus and support Headphones not recognized when plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently bought, my laptop is Dell Inspiron 15-3582 and Windows 10 PRO as OS, big problem is that when i plug in any pair of headphones in one jack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZerinaMujic, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Headphones not recognized when plugged in

Recently bought, my laptop is Dell Inspiron 15-3582 and Windows 10 PRO as OS, big problem is that when i plug in any pair of headphones in one jack port i have, it's not recognized in the SOUND Playback option only available is Speakers/Headphones device
    The only way that the sound transfers from Speakers to Headphones is to restart the laptop with headphones still plugged in.
    In that case when i check Speaker properties in Playback, front panel jack 3,5mm is shown.
    When i plugged the headphones out and plug in again, sound goes back to speakers and headphone jack is useless.
    Is that a software or hardware problem?

Also I have Realtek Audio installed, checked also if the driver is updated in Device Manager even reinstalled it, but nothing helps.

Please help. Thank you

:)

ZerinaMujic, Apr 21, 2020
  2. LSN05 Win User

Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Apr 21, 2020
  3. LSN05 Win User

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Apr 21, 2020
  4. LSN05 Win User

Headphones not recognized when plugged in

I have this same issue; I tried both of these solutions and neither of them helped. The driver says it's up to date. I tried to reinstall the driver (Conexant audio driver) and it gave me an error message saying "driver installation failed: could not find
    the device for this driver."

The Conexant driver doesn't recognize headphones as a playback device at all. I switched to the generic Windows 10 HD audio driver and headphones are listed as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

LSN05, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Headphones not recognized when plugged in

1. Headphones not recognized when plugged in - Similar Threads - Headphones recognized plugged

2. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  3. Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.: Whenever I plug in my wired headphones into the audio jack, the audio still comes out of the laptop speakers and not the headphones. However when I open the Realtek audio console and then plug the headphones it, the audio gets rerouted to the headphones and I also get a...
  4. Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.: Whenever I plug in my wired headphones into the audio jack, the audio still comes out of the laptop speakers and not the headphones. However when I open the Realtek audio console and then plug the headphones it, the audio gets rerouted to the headphones and I also get a...
  5. My Dell laptop can't recognize when i plug in headphones into the headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop can't recognize when i plug in headphones into the headphone jack: The lower right section to control audio, internet, brightness, etc. doesn't work at all and I can't get my audio to play out of anything other than the laptop speakers. How can I fix this? I updated the audio drivers and everything but it's all glitched out. Like when I move...
  6. My Dell laptop can't recognize when i plug in headphones into the headphone jack

My Dell laptop can't recognize when i plug in headphones into the headphone jack: The lower right section to control audio, internet, brightness, etc. doesn't work at all and I can't get my audio to play out of anything other than the laptop speakers. How can I fix this? I updated the audio drivers and everything but it's all glitched out. Like when I move...
  7. When headphones are plugged into my laptop, the computer only recognizes the built in...

When headphones are plugged into my laptop, the computer only recognizes the built in...: The headphones aren't available in the drop down audio menu. I tried updating the audio drivers to no avail. The mic works perfectly fine when tested and the headphones have no damage. I can't figure out why my computer is only recognizing the microphone portion of my...
  8. When headphones are plugged into my laptop, the computer only recognizes the built in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When headphones are plugged into my laptop, the computer only recognizes the built in...: The headphones aren't available in the drop down audio menu. I tried updating the audio drivers to no avail. The mic works perfectly fine when tested and the headphones have no damage. I can't figure out why my computer is only recognizing the microphone portion of my...
  9. When headphones are plugged into my laptop, the computer only recognizes the built in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Desktop doesn't recognize when speakers/headphones are plugged in (No audio device is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop doesn't recognize when speakers/headphones are plugged in (No audio device is...: Hello! I recently bought a Windows 10 desktop. From the looks of it, it is custom built/ the previous owners modified it so I don't have a model number. The issue is, when I plug in my speakers or headphones, the desktop doesn't recognize it and tells me that I have nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not identifying plugged in headphones