Windows 10: Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Discus and support Headphones not showing in Playback Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frank1985, Jul 23, 2017.

1. frank1985 Win User

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in the Levels tab also. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

:)

frank1985, Jul 23, 2017

2. Audio plays through headphone and laptop speaker

Hi Colin,

If you plugin headphones to a built-in headphone port then in the Playback devices will not show as a separate headphone device, instead its integrated within the default Speakers/Headphone devices which shows up in the Playback devices. If you plugin a
    USB external headphone then it will show up in the Playback devices as a separate device.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Headphones not showing up in Playback devices

Hello,

I am sorry to know that you are unable to hear sound from the Headphone.

Did you connect the same headphone with a different computer?

Remove and re-insert the headphone after restarting the system.

Try to run Hardware Troubleshooter. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

a. Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on
    Search screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, then try the steps provided in the link below.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 23, 2017
  4. frank1985 Win User

Solved: Uninstalled the sound device from the device manager (not the driver), then restarted.

frank1985, Jul 24, 2017
  5. ACE911 Win User
    Heyy frank1985 ,
    I am facing the same problem as the one you faced, I want to do what you did to solve it, however, i didn't understand what you meant by uninstalling the sound device, not the driver. whenever I try to uninstall the device it uninstalls the driver and it does not solve the problem. can you please elaborate more on your solution. thanks

ACE911, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices - Similar Threads - Headphones showing Playback

2. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  3. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.: My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices. They work when connected to other devices or when connected with wire. I tried every thing like reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, setting the Bluetooth services to automatic, not even visible in...
  4. My Bluetooth headphones are connected but not showing in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphone jack not showing on playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone jack not showing on playback devices: So I want to put my output audio as my earphones and so when I go to playback devices it doesnt show my plugged in esrphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-showing-on-playback-devices/cf78eb7d-fe4f-4ed7-9f2f-8dfda39d3af6
  6. New headphones not showing up as a playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New headphones not showing up as a playback device: I recently bought a wired headset with a mic in order to game and take discord calls on my computer. When I plug my 3.5mm jack into the audio port, i get sound but my mic doesn't function. And if I plug into the microphone port I can talk but I dont hear any audio. I've done...
  7. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...
  8. Headphones not showing up on my playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not showing up on my playback devices: None of my headphones are showing up in my playback devices. They used to work before when I got this laptop, but after a windows update, for some reason, my headphones wouldn't work unless I restarted the laptop. In addition, my playback devices only had one device:...
  9. Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]

Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]: On my Windows 10 HP z400 workstation, plugging in headphones to the computer's front jacks does not cause them to show up in playback devices, even though disconnected and disabled devices are both shown. I have tried this with multiple different headphones (all of which work...
  10. Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices

Headphones/Earphones Not Showing Up On Playback Devices: Hello, I'm running on Windows 10 Home and my earphones work but they don't show up in playback devices (Right click sound and select playback devices) I'm not really sure how to get them back. It doesn't really matter with my earphones but my headphones don't work at all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in playback external head phone not show

2. headphone do not appear as a playback device

3. windows 10 headphone dont appear in playback

4. headphones not showing up in playback,
  5. headphones dont show up in playback devices,
  6. Earphones doesnot show up in playback tab,
  7. headphones not showing in playback devices